What did we learn today?

that my retro Japanese two stroke still don't like the rain

and as a refresher no one will stop and help you if you break down
on a motor bike

That 2000 RockShox SID XC internals can be installed into a 1998 SID to give you 80mm travel and adjustable damping. You also end up with a circa 1000g fork (depending on steerer) as the XC innards are lighter. :D

Also, that budgeting a build and sticking to it harder than I thought. The evidence is hanging up in my garage unusable through a lack of paint and un-assembled front wheel. So close yet so far.... :(

That People who buy (new)BMW's are twats and are very difficult to satisfy, love to complain and rarely praise when you have done an outstanding job.
Also that sitting in the house on a saturday instead of trying to deal with the aforementioned knobs is wholey much more satisfying!

Gc

that neighbours WILL remind you how daft you looked when you came home from the pub the other night despite complete lack of recollection

That Tange Switchblade forks are JIS standard 26.4mm crown race and my NOS Shimano is a 27mm Campy standard.

I also learnt that if you take the forks apart the only bit that needs sorting is the ali collar which just slides off. A quick trip to the machine shop and a new copy but the right size will sort the problem.

mikef350":gb7yz4u4 said:
that i realy dont whant alloy framed bikes any more and steel is the way forward.any one whant to swap ;)

No,Steel is the way backwards,this is RETRObike! :D

Back