Wanted: Complete/near complete bike for Mountain Mayhem

Surfr

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
It looks like I might not get access to a bike for Mayhem so I'm putting the feelers out there for any possible full bikes or projects which don't need much work to complete.

I'm after anything as long as it's retro and ridable. 17" frame approx and suspension would be nice but not essential.

Steel konas, Alpine Stars, Stumpjumpers, Pro Flex etc etc etc what's out there? Not looking for a shiny pimp bike. reliable, retro and lightish will do just fine.

Hello,

If you get stuck for a ride for Mayhem, I can bring something along for you? :D Only have 18" GT`s mind but its a option as not that long now hey

Cheers

Dave

Thanks very much for the offer Daj :D I'd prefer to buy something on the off chance that I wreck it but if I'm still stuck in a couple of weeks I might be in touch ;)

Got an 18"856 proflex for sale I bought off DaveH atm its frame forks headset steerer bars set of new odi gripsand xt 8spd combos seatpost and saddle oh and front mech can supply a set of xt V's or deore canti's just needs wheels cranks,bb rear mech and cables say £200 posted ono? if youre interested.

Thanks Sidewinder. I think an 18" proflex would be too big for me though. I've only got 29" inside leg and from what I see/hear Proflex tend to be quite big anyway.

Might have a 17 1/2" khs montana pro recently powdercoated green full Bike for similar money ?nice spec let me know if youre interested and I can send some pics tomorrow.

Sidewinder":377ipmd6 said:
Might have a 17 1/2" khs montana pro recently powdercoated green full Bike for similar money ?nice spec let me know if youre interested and I can send some pics tomorrow.

The least I can do is take a look at the pics for you ;)

I've got this 1987/88 Fisher Montare XT thats 85% finished that I'm going to need to shift - http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... c&start=15

I had planned to get it finished to ride myself at mayhem, but a work commitment now means I cant ride :(
If I had room to keep it then I would, but I've bought a Jamis Dakota and an Overburys since starting the Fisher so just dont have room for them all.

All of the parts are now there to finish the build. Bought a new chain last week and finished cleaning the rear wheel.

I'd agreed to sell it to someone else on here a month ago, but a change in their circumstances meant they had to drop out.

PM me if you're interested ;)

Back