W: Universal Super 68 Brake Hoods

Universal brakes

Wow! Been a while since I've heard any mention of these. The brown soft rubber hoods hardened really quickly, became brittle and fell to dust within a couple of years of new. Remember buying just what you want in the late 70's, and they also perished quickly as well. Despite looking pretty (when new), I found these brakes about the most useless ones I've ever ridden, and miss them not one bit.
I can't believe you'll find a 'still pliable' pair of hoods anywhere: any NOS will just be a box of brown dust by now.......

Hmm, chances are slim then. Perhaps someone have some stored somewhere in a high altitude in the Alps where time has been good to them...

The brakes are "new" on a bike I bought that was never ridden. I thought I do them some justice in life and use them for a while. Would be nice with the rubbers though.

Thanks for your answer.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Latest posts

Back