Very Rare Gary Fisher Grateful Dead

there was a thread on here about these a while back, there was a bloke who worked in a bike shop here in the uk stocked them, he remembered they got lots of attention because of the paint but they didnt sell,

whats the point of having a bike you wont ride, and if i was ever gonna have a garage queen there are other bikes i would choose.

there are bikes on here ridden regularly, that would make that bike look very ordinary indeed

i never liked GF after watching clunkers, and never desired one of his bikes

ohh get me :p

;) still legendary... preferred method of transport....my other Gary Fisher ;)
When not off road....a Graham Weigh 531 hand built road bike in the summer and a Major Nicholls 531 hand built for the winter ;)

LOL... at the end of the day it's just a piece of steel tubing with mass prodcued Jap components....just like everyone elses...

everest30":w7zzq0fw said:
LOL... at the end of the day it's just a piece of steel tubing with mass prodcued Jap components....just like everyone elses...

to true but others arn't £700 :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: nice bike just the wrong crowd your best bet is ebay us and it was fisher kelly bikes before it was just gary fisher as it was a group of 20+ bikers that started us moutain biking not just gary fisher just ask charlie kelly on here seeing it was his and garys company :roll: :roll:

Charlieboy28":3ktprtoi said:
i never liked GF after watching clunkers, and never desired one of his bikes

Then you meet him and realize your original assessment was overvalued.

This is a very rare Fisher.

91RS1Side.JPG

FMJ":3shdojep said:
This is a very rare Fisher.

91RS1Side.JPG

A rare GARY Fisher. And a fugly one.

But to the OP, I think you are more likely to get the bucks by selling to someone who loves the Dead than you are by selling to someone who loves MTBs.

yo-Nate-y":31t632z6 said:
But to the OP, I think you are more likely to get the bucks by selling to someone who loves the Dead than you are by selling to someone who loves MTBs.

I love them both! And I love Gary Fisher bikes before he sold his company to TREK. After he sold it, the only bike I would love to have is this Greatfull Dead Hoo Koo E Koo. I would change all of the components to period correct XT's and take it out whenever I could.

The only problem with this bike is it's price. 700 GBP is too high! Over the years these bikes turn up quit regulary on eBay and they never sell for this amount of money. It's just not worth it....... I'm sorry. And believe me, I have been looking for Fisher stuff for several years! I know the prices! ;)
I'm still looking for a nice Greatfull Dead frame in my size, but I will not ever pay this much for it......

If this is the money you want for it, just put it back in the shed or enjoy it on the tracks! It will never sell IMHO! Enjoy what you got!

It's a very nice bike even with STX!!

Latest posts

Back