Ti frames

oldscool

Dirt Disciple
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Bunch of guys in China. I've heard mixed reports. Some people love them, others have had things like seat tubes tear open and cracking problems alarmingly soon.

If it goes wrong you have zero comeback. I don't think that Trading Standards is big in China. ;)

You pays your money and takes your pick.

to be fair they do a lot of work for some of the big companies , some of them you d be surprised .

CAS on here has one . you can design your own frame .

I think it's exactly as Chris has said - people can design their own frames.
Without some helpful whispers over my shoulder from someone experienced I'd no doubt end up designing a disaster. People who complain may well have been unwilling to admit their own mistakes and gone too light.

Personally I'd buy in Europe from a recognised name, simply because it's a lot of money and I would want some comeback.

cchris2lou":r3msaz5i said:
to be fair they do a lot of work for some of the big companies , some of them you d be surprised .

CAS on here has one . you can design your own frame .

Well remembered - I'm impressed.

I already had a set of drawings done for me by someone who in the end wasn't in a position to complete the frame. Everything was done electronically drawing wise and they were very quick. Any small alterations to the drawings were back in hours.

Once I'd placed my order it was done in about three weeks and I tracked it all the way from China. Paying by bank transfer is the only way - they don't take Paypal or creditcard.

Cost of frame only about £500.

Only problem was that I didn't realise the seatpost and bottom bracket shell would need cleaning out properly which the bike shop did for me as well as fitting the bottom bracket.

Otherwise pleased with it - I'd have another one! but I'd probably have them build forks as well.

Cheers

Carol

hamster":1a3ctewa said:
I think it's exactly as Chris has said - people can design their own frames.
Without some helpful whispers over my shoulder from someone experienced I'd no doubt end up designing a disaster. People who complain may well have been unwilling to admit their own mistakes and gone too light.

Personally I'd buy in Europe from a recognised name, simply because it's a lot of money and I would want some comeback.

you can just copy a well known design and send it to them , they dont really care about copywright .

Skyde , a member onhere has his own brand and some of his parts and frames are made there .

Thanks for the info guys, will pass your thoughts onto my friend and let him make the decision.
He has been hunting high and low for a 'folding' road frame so might be a good call.

Back