The good old day's

1981miked

Dirt Disciple
Afternoon people,

Quick question, does anybody here remember when Giant made a Full Susser called the Box One? It must have been late 90's or early 00's, i think it was a light blue also the Trek Y22?, which was cream coloured, I had one and i LOVED that bike. Does anybody know of any place i could maybe get one? Have tried Ebay but no luck..I currently have a 2003 Kona NuNu and a 2007 Giant Scr 2.0 road bike, i will shortly be in the market for a "play/freeride/quick blast bike"( don't tell the missus)im either going to go for a BMX or a full susser (2 totally different types i know). Looked at the Carrera Banshee the other day for £600, looked ok for the dosh i guess but quite fancy something a bit old school as that's what i used to work with when i worked in a bike shop...great days.....anyway that's my "quick" question. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ROLL ON SUMMER....I LOVE MY BIKES.

There was a Box One on eBay recently....didn't pay any attention to how much it went for though...

Welcome :D

1981miked":11i8jtnx said:
im either going to go for a BMX or a full susser (2 totally different types i know).

quite fancy something a bit old school

Theres an RTS and an LTS in the For Sale forum at the moment.....

IIRC £100 for a tired LTS and £250 for a nice example of an RTS. Be quick though..... ;)

I WANT A RETRO FULL SUSSER!!!

Thanks so far for the input, looking at the bikes on the site.....ah the memories, and im only 27, i grew up lusting over many of them, none more so than the Pro-Flex's before they changed to K2! What was that all about??? Then it was Giant's (in my opinion) best years and Trek's, the OCLV's the Gold 6500 that i used to race before i got a Y22 and used to get the odd shot of a Giant ATX 1 DH Team (i think).... i had a replica Giant team xc bike for a bit too, it was over £2k's worth, had Judy SL's. Then i sold it and gave it up for a couple of years before purchasing my current bike which is a 2003 Kona NuNu, bought new and still going strong. Looking to upgrade parts though and get an older retro bike i can re-build and have a bit of fun on. I remember my first "proper" bike though, it was a custom built Trek 930, black and red Cro-mo frame with Rock Shox forks and XT Kit, cost me £650.....id have it back in a second!!!(along with every other bike i have owned) If i didn't want a retro full susser that is.....

Re: I WANT A RETRO FULL SUSSER!!!

1981miked":jnhe00tz said:
ah the memories, and im only 27, i grew up lusting over many of them

Trek 930, black and red Cro-mo frame with Rock Shox forks and XT Kit, cost me £650.....id have it back in a second!!!

I still suffer the misty eyed syndrome on here, and I'm 28!

I too have had many a bike I wish I hadn't sold.....thats why I'm now beginning to get a collection going. I very nearly offered my RTS up for swaps.....but within seconds I had half a dozen of this lot on my back saying 'NOOOO...dont do it'! So, its still with me, and an LTS is on its way. You can never have too many bikes..... ;)

Exactly. the formula is X(number of bike so far)+ B(Bike) + 1 more than you already have.

Im just starting my collection but want a PROFLEX!!!!!!!

I knew they were taken over by K2 but i don't like the stuff they are doing now, can you even get them here? i have never seen them advertised, bike magazines used to be full of adverts for them. u got pics of your proflex's? What conditon and spec?

neilll":36zz2yc7 said:
There was a Box One on eBay recently....didn't pay any attention to how much it went for though...

Welcome :D
Thread revival :D

I bought that Giant Box One frame off Ebay, I paid £45 for it. It was stripped so has just been painted professionally, then I'm going to rebuild it.

Alternatively, make me an offer for it :LOL:

Hi Mike what area are you in? There are a few scottish members meeting up for a run at Carron Valley next week (20th) if you are about, alternatively I'm organising a meet in the sidlaws around the end of August/start of september time.

Back