Teledyne Titan

Re:

now that what you call efficient OCD :LOL:

impressive results - 150 g weight gain over mine on seatpost/saddle and 70g on bar/stem. :shock:

You'll have to go for CLB professional calipers now :idea: :facepalm:

I have been looking for a Teledyne Titan for a long time, it's my grail bike. True the Titan frame has a bad reputation for cracking and the fork for being a "little" flexible but... In 1973 for me, this was the stuff dreams were made of.
I found this one on E-bay, I made a "best offer" that was accepted, now its mine :D . The S/N is in the last third of the production run so it should be slightly less fragile than the early bikes, and at 59 I don't think I can turn the crank hard enough to break it, time will tell... The frame size is a good fit for me and these are the numbers, the frame and fork weighs in at 4 lbs, 54cm seat tube (C to T) X 55cm top tube (C to C), the frame is 73.5° X 73.5° ish... The actual geometry is a bit in question as the Teledyne brochure that is on line has pen markups??? I will keep researching.
I would not describe the Titan as a pretty bike as the gray anodized finish won't win any beauty contests but it sure is tough, and a Teledyne decal kit is on order to celebrate its arrival sometime next week. The build plan for this frame is undecided at the moment other than "period correct weight weenie", with a Brooks Swallow and Campy Record seat pin that I have in a box somewhere.
So the question is... What kit would you use to build up this titanium relic?

And A Happy New Year To All: Mike :xmas-big-grin:

Fantastic thread, some amazing components and exceptional attention to detail in their choice and finishing. What happened to the build?!

Back