Suitable shock bushes for a marin rift zone 1997

parkysparky

Old School Hero
Hi all, currently rebuilding the marin rift zone and swapped trailing arm from a non disc to a disc one today.
The problem I have now is finding a shock with correct bushes. I had a fox which 165 but have no bushes and the old ones from the standard coil shock don't fit as they are to loose.
Can anyone point me in the right direction for a shock and correct bushes.
Thanks all

Most newer rear shocks seem to have 12.7mm bushes, top and bottom. I've recently done a similar swapout on my Wolf ridge, and as the original shockworks unit had 12mm DP bushes, the alloy 'top hat' spacers that fitted over the steel pivot were therefore too loose within the bushes. You can source these spacers on the web or ebay (CRC also had some sizes available as well), but i had some new ones turned up for me, which did the job. If youre using an older shock, it may be as well to replace the DP bushes in the top and bottom of the shock body at the same time, as theyre only a quid or so each. My Wolf ridge required a 184mm shock, really not easy to find, so settled for a new Rockshock Monarch. You may find some older Ario 2.1 air shocks with 165mm spacing, as I had one on my previous Rift Zone, and these often go for only £30 - £40 on ebay.

Back