Stunning Woodrup track bike

otherself

GT Fan
Raleigh Fan
Feedback
View
Expensive.

s-l1600.jpg

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Seller sells some nice stuff.
Fork is drilled for a brake which is unusual for a pure track bike. I would want to see a matching number on the fork.
drilled fork wasn't entirely unusual on amateur track bikes back then as it meant you could chuck a brake on it for training sessions, a quick swap of bars and you were back to track set up for the season. At least, most of the tat in the shed at Manchester velodrome pre commonwealth games has drilled forks for this reason, most of them being stuff others had donated so there were a few spares sat for new folk to try on. I dread to think what some of that tatt would be worth today but it almost all got binned when they track was relaid for the games in 2000.

Hard to beleive this is actually a Woodrup if you read the full description & frame size 21"???.

drilled fork wasn't entirely unusual on amateur track bikes back then as it meant you could chuck a brake on it for training sessions, a quick swap of bars and you were back to track set up for the season. At least, most of the tat in the shed at Manchester velodrome pre commonwealth games has drilled forks for this reason, most of them being stuff others had donated so there were a few spares sat for new folk to try on. I dread to think what some of that tatt would be worth today but it almost all got binned when they track was relaid for the games in 2000.
I bow to your superior knowledge.

Latest posts

Back