Stone Roses reunion

It is going to be really great to see the Roses in Manc, back in the late 80s I lived in London, but went to Manc sometimes twice a week to gig and club.

Moved up there eventually I loved it so much, though by the time I left I had had my fill. Same with most cities I guess.

Now if the Smiths were to reform, oh my giddy aunt!

Or the Charalatans!

Oh, they are still together? Someone should have told me!

:)

As for not being able to sing, Mr Brown is no worse than Dylan or indeed Sean Ryder, though I prefer Sean for his amazing nasal sneery style.

to be fair mr brown can now chant a bit- been to a few of his gigs as a solo artiiiiiiist. Should be a lot better vocals than BITD.

I have to agree, loved the last few times I have seen him. Anyway, vocals are only one part of the thing. Unless it is some finger in the ear solo a capella deal.

highlandsflyer":hrseh3vd said:
Now if the Smiths were to reform, oh my giddy aunt!

Mr Brown is no worse than Dylan or indeed Sean Ryder, though I prefer Sean for his amazing nasal sneery style.

I would hate to see the Smiths reform. I loved that band, but that was then...

Dylan is another one who survives on reputation alone.
The Mondays (and Black Grape) were always good live, Sean could do it, he just didn't know the words some times.

Seems a lot of the Roses fans are in love with the memories of the time and the feelings. You can't recapture that.
I think I am a music fan not a nostalgia fan, that is probably the difference.

If Ian Brown can sing a bit now it might not be too bad, some of the songs are pure gold. I have not heard him sing for a long time, I think last time was when he had that 'Zombies' single out. He was still atrocious then though.

Some bands have reformed and made it good - The Specials, The Pixies. Some have been not so great - Dead Kennedys (without Jello ) The Jam (without Weller) :roll:

We will see

Tickets on sale 9:30 tomorrow. Anyone going to try and pick some up?

Smith reunion would be poor form. Probably still try and get tickets though.

John":19ikrwij said:
Tickets on sale 9:30 tomorrow. Anyone going to try and pick some up?

Smith reunion would be poor form. Probably still try and get tickets though.

I am.....already booked the Hotel!!!!!

Within about an hour of the announcement, all the major hotels were fully booked!

I live 15 minutes away from Heaton Park & will have about 15 Tabs open on my laptop in the morning to get tickets

Oooooo Yeahhhhhh

oh and to the people who say its too expensive at £55,

Ive waited 15 years for this once in a lifetime experience & i'd pay £55 to see Reni play on the Pots & Pans :LOL: :LOL:

AdamAsh":3cqp92u4 said:
oh and to the people who say its too expensive at £55,

Ive waited 15 years for this once in a lifetime experience & i'd pay £55 to see Reni play on the Pots & Pans :LOL: :LOL:

Did you see the press conference?? Really admire Reni for naming Larry Mullen as an influence....top guy!!!! They are both one of the reasons why i started playing.

Back