Stone Roses reunion

Wu-Tangled":2mozh2pe said:
I think I might be the only British that thinks the second album is way better than the first (which is way better than many things out there).

Both are amazing in their own way. The second is more mature I feel, moved with the times, it has some of the greatest flowing guitar tracks ever. And for me, being a drummer (well an ex drummer!!!!!!!) Reni is second only to Bonham in my eyes!

Just to let you all know, as of 5:30pm nearly every hotel in Manchester was fully booked for that weekend!!........I managed to get a room, just hope I can tickets now!

:)

I'm already oraganising the Manchester trip and It's on my Birthday. :D

al.

I used to walk though Heaton Park every day when i lived in Didsbury. Still have friends there so getting bed space isn't an issue. Still undecided wether to go or not. Some things are sometimes left in the past.

Reni- best drummer ever! Can't wait to hear what he's been doing over the last 15 years. There was a demo doing the rounds about 12 years ago that he played all the instruments on as well as the vocals which was brilliant. Lost my copy many moons ago much to my regret.

Wu-Tangled":25tkutrd said:
I think I might be the only British that thinks the second album is way better than the first (which is way better than many things out there).

I think I may be the only British person that thinks they're completely over rated and couldn't give a monkeys....

Dr S":1zs8xnvf said:
I used to walk though Heaton Park every day when i lived in Didsbury. Still have friends there so getting bed space isn't an issue. Still undecided wether to go or not. Some things are sometimes left in the past.

Reni- best drummer ever! Can't wait to hear what he's been doing over the last 15 years. There was a demo doing the rounds about 12 years ago that he played all the instruments on as well as the vocals which was brilliant. Lost my copy many moons ago much to my regret.

Blimey! That's hell of a walk. ;)

I'm a Northenden boy that lived in Didsbury for about 6 years. When and where did you live?

I was lucky enough to have friends who knew the band and went to many gigs. The best of which were the early ones,especially the International 1, fantastic night, what I can remember!!

al.

rosstheboss":2uerudx1 said:
Wu-Tangled":2uerudx1 said:

I think I may be the only British person that thinks they're completely over rated and couldn't give a monkeys....

I presume your going to The Steps reunion instead then??

:cool: ;)

misteroo":kr6qk13n said:
rosstheboss":kr6qk13n said:
Wu-Tangled":kr6qk13n said:

Ha! More like looking forward to our xmas do, where I will going to see Def Leppard supported by Motley Crue!

I just don't understand what all the fuss is about - there were plenty of other bloody good bands around at the time, I don't see why the Stone Roses have been singled out and elevated to the level of gods. That and the fact that everyone I've spoken to that likes the Stone Roses says something like "But you weren't theeeeeeeeeere man!" when I mention I think they're shite, like they're in some sort of 'Nam film, does my nut.

rosstheboss":3l63mkvo said:
misteroo":3l63mkvo said:
rosstheboss":3l63mkvo said:
Wu-Tangled":3l63mkvo said:

Ha! More like looking forward to our xmas do, where I will going to see Def Leppard supported by Motley Crue!

I just don't understand what all the fuss is about - there were plenty of other bloody good bands around at the time, I don't see why the Stone Roses have been singled out and elevated to the level of gods. That and the fact that everyone I've spoken to that likes the Stone Roses says something like "But you weren't theeeeeeeeeere man!" when I mention I think they're shite, like they're in some sort of 'Nam film, does my nut.

You're going to watch Def Leppard and Motley Crue and you don't see what the fuss about the Roses is!!

Good lord, we've got a live fellas. :LOL:

al.

rosstheboss":2k78d77r said:
misteroo":2k78d77r said:
rosstheboss":2k78d77r said:
Wu-Tangled":2k78d77r said:

Uh oh! Used to love Motley Crue........Def Leppard bit poncy for my liking, bit like all the Bon Jovi stuff since New Jersey!!......

People have their own opinions and views, and I respect that. Its great we have different tastes. But I just remember at the time how amazing the whole thing was, this young band breaking through with this fresh new sound. It was pretty special, the sound of a generation.
To be voted one of the greatest debut albums in the history of music is a pretty big achievement and you have to respect them for that.

Back