Steve Thornhill Mountain Bike in Brum

Sundayjumper

Specialized Fan
Faded & well used but looks fundamentally sound. Must be worth saving.

s-l1600.jpg

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Seems very cheap for what looks like a fillet brazed frame? cleary the rest is pretty trashed and a mix of bits n bobs & hes not a well known MTB maker by a little search on here....more racing frames.

Been on twice before, cheaper each re-list.

The history of this bike is as follows:
I had my bike stolen from outside a pub around 10 years ago in Moseley B’ham.Brian Travers from UB40 (RIP) was a friend of mine & my dads at the time & heard about my mishap & kindly gave me this bike because he no longer used it ..Steve Thornhill custom made this bike (& a few others) for members of the band ..Brian said they were pretty expensive at the time .. I have had this listed a few times on EBay in the past without mentioning it’s history & was asking a silly price for it mainly because I didn’t really want to see it go ..my thinking was that if someone bought it I would then get a modern bike and a collector might restore it (I used it for 8 years then finally bought a new one recently) I don’t know much about bikes I gotta be honest but this has been in my cellar for a while now & hopefully someone can make use of it and maybe restore it to its former glory ..

The history of this bike is as follows:
I had my bike stolen from outside a pub around 10 years ago in Moseley B’ham.Brian Travers from UB40 (RIP) was a friend of mine & my dads at the time & heard about my mishap & kindly gave me this bike because he no longer used it ..Steve Thornhill custom made this bike (& a few others) for members of the band ..Brian said they were pretty expensive at the time .. I have had this listed a few times on EBay in the past without mentioning it’s history & was asking a silly price for it mainly because I didn’t really want to see it go ..my thinking was that if someone bought it I would then get a modern bike and a collector might restore it (I used it for 8 years then finally bought a new one recently) I don’t know much about bikes I gotta be honest but this has been in my cellar for a while now & hopefully someone can make use of it and maybe restore it to its former glory ..
Thanks for coming on and giving us a bit of background, an interesting back story. I can't help feeling that if you'd put this in the ebay description it might have generated more interest and perhaps got you a better price.

I agonised over this bike for months, very nearly bought it a couple of times and it definitely goes on the list of the ones that got away.

Really hope the buyer brings the bike on here and we get to see it brought back to its best.

Last edited:
Amazing pics, thanks for sharing those. I could be wrong but I reckon this bike was made by either the Bromwich workshop or Overburys. Good luck the sale - I’m tempted 😺

Latest posts

Back