Splitting s/speed '91 Karakoram, Brooks, XT, Thomson etc.

IDB1

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
'91 steel GT Karakoram, modded for V-brakes by Bob Jackson, Paul components track ends professionally fitted and fresh black powdercoat. The REAL bottom bracket (with the extra set of bearings recommended already fitted) will remain in the frame.
Seat tube c-c is 18" (or possibly 18.5 but I didn't think they made them in that size :? )
Top tube c-c is 22.5".

I rode it and it nearly killed me, much too hard on me physically.
So I changed a couple of bits in an attempt to 'fix' the riding position and I don't like it.
If I can't have it how I want it, I may as well break it up and sell it. :(

Top tube stickers (visible in pic #13) will remain, very few others. None original.

This is it built:

Tioga black/white rims with black spokes on Ritchey hubs, hardly any wear at all to the braking surface at all and have the spacers for singlespeed and a 16T (and/or possibly an 18T) SS cog. c/w black skewers.

Wheels £70 UK posted

Tyres £30 UK posted - SOLD!

Brooks £45 UK posted - SOLD!

Thomson post, bag & shim £40 UK posted - SOLD!

On-One Fleegle bars, oversize and uncut, pretty much as new, may be minor marks from fitting them.

Fleegle £12.50 UK posted

Oury brown grips, as new (on the bars in previous pic) £8 UK posted

Koski Ti railed saddle, black/white, awesome condition

Koski Saddle £20 UK posted

Koski v-levers, A1 condition - I still have the box for these.

Koski Levers £15 UK posted

M731 pedals £55 UK posted - SOLD!

I also have a pair of NOS, never built up, Campag K2 rims, 28H, £95 the pair UK posted

Offers invited, I've guessed a value on some of this so could be way out. Discount for multiple bits.
PP gift or pay the fees please.

I'll choose the buyer from whoever pm'd or posted first. Dibs is ok, ask for more pics if necessary.

The bike is still in one piece, it may take a few days in between purchase and posting to dismantle.

Re: Splitting s/speed '91 Karakoram, Brooks, XT, Thomson etc

To the top with some price adjustments... :cool:

Hi...are you selling the levers and the V brakes together ?
Can't see a price for the brakes....
Smashing looking bike, shame to break it, but hey, that's the way it goes sometimes....jr

I hadn't considered selling the V's tbh.. it's a Far East cnc rear and Cane Creek Direct Curve front (I may have the other pair of DC3 arms).

What might you be interested in? I'll have a look for the other DC3 and work out a price if you want.

Hi...might be interested.....just thinking about doing something a bit different with my Proflex SS.
Planning to swap onto a set of Vectors, and I would need to go V brakes and levers to do it....I don't think the Dia Compe 7's that were stock on the bike will pull V's that well...
I don't think the vectors I have on the way has the cable hanger on the front....so it might be V brakes...
Any photo's would be cool...jr

I think the DC 7 levers are for canti's aren't they? If so, they won't pull V's too well.

I'll go grab some pics of the front brake (and root for the matching rear).

I also have some Cane Creek Direct Curve brake levers that I could let go... will get some pics of those too.

Back in a bit ;)

sorry ignore.....i should learn to read

:oops:
thanks

Ant

Cane creek levers

2nd set of arms

And the set that are currently mounted

I'd be looking to get around £70 posted for the full set (the arms sell for about £35 a pair new, the levers are similarly priced. These are not new, obviously, but in excellent condition)
There won't be any mounting bolts with them (the arms). I only have aluminium bolts and it's not always recommended so would rather sell them without ;)

Hi....thanks for the update
Let me have a think, looks very nice kit, but I need to keep a close eye on the spend for this project.
I'll be back if it looks good to go.
Cheers for now - jr

Back