Splitting 1997 Klein Mantra Pro MC2 XTR M950 Middleburn RS3

Harryburgundy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
So you have may have seen this on Ebay recently and I bought it. Why? Because it had been on Ebay for too long with bad pictures and description, with a seller, who is a nice chap, but a wee difficult to understand with mixed messages and changing prices etc.
I do want to make a little profit out of this so if that niggles you please do not think of buying it. If the mods are unhappy, please delete this thread, I will understand.

So what we have here is a pretty much NOS 1997 Klein Mantra Pro MC2. You know what it is but I will explain that this is the lightest aluminium Mantra frame with Gradient tubing. I am led to understand there were only 250 made.

Condition is...well, NOS. I have detected no chips or scratches on the frame...it is immaculate. The parts are all NOS too with just a wee storage rub on the rear mech (very small) and some incidental chain marks on the rings.

I have the proper MC2 spanner and original receipt of £2500, Klein owners manual and Rockshox manual

Build is (edit, I have now added individual parts pricing IF it goes down the split route with interest in parts noted throughout the thread...prices exclude shipping and gift paypal required please. All parts unless otherwise stated are in pretty much new condition)

Split Prices Exclude Postage/Shipping

Frame ... Klein medium. (frame, forks, front mech, MC2 bars/grips and tool, £550. Please note, I guess the seals have dried and the shock is not holding air at the moment)
Forks Judy SL SOLD PP

Wheels M950 hubs with silver DT swiss laced to Mavic 217 SUP £200 SOLD PP

V Brakes M950 £85 SOLD PP

STi M950 £95

RM M950 think I noticed a scratch on one inner cage plate £50

FM XT M??? I will leave with the frame

Crankset Middleburn RS3 I have noticed that one granny ring bolt is cross threaded into the spider but is secure...annoying but not an issue. Includes the Middleburn rings, self-extracting bolts and BB which I think may be a UN72 but have not removed it. £150

Cassette XT M737 £30

Seatpost Thomson Elite 31.6 £40

Saddle Flite two very small rub marks on each rear corner but otherwise immaculate £50

Pedals XT M747 slight deterioration to the lacquer £25

Tyres Specialized Dirt Control and Dirt Master £20

This really is the ultimate garage queen.

I am asking £1150 + shipping wherever you are (and in two boxes to avoid damage).I really do not want to sell beyond Europe

As I said, this does give me some profit but I make no apologies for it, I took a gamble on a 'dodgy' listing

Please reply here followed by a PM ( I will be interested in PX against Galaxy 10.1 NOTE or similar)

P1040367_zps6b40de8e.jpg

P1040371_zps4c63a048.jpg

P1040376_zpsbd69906a.jpg

Re: NOS 1997 Klein Mantra Pro MC2 XTR M950 Middleburn RS3

If you do decide to split ;) registering interest in wheels

What a lovely bike :D You really should consider keepin´ it! :)
Anyway - I really hope it comes into good hands; GLWS.

Cheers
IHateRain

Temptation on wheels, that! I had a lower spec version in about 2000 - lovely (only downside was the weeks and much cash it took to replace the swing arm to top tube bearings). They ride very well indeed. Looks a bargain to me.

Hope it doesn't split, but if so can I add a second interest in the wheels and the chainset, please?

Unfortunately I cannot see the pics right now but will have another look tonight.

I will leave a PM then but for me the frame set without the wheels may be very interesting ;)

It may also help to avoid the second box and save shipping to Germany. Seems to be a nice bike.....hopefully....

A little update...the shock is leaking air so obviously needs attention. I think the steerer needs trimming down a bit.
Weighed it....without pedals. Didn't have the electronic scales on a stand so the measurement fluctuated a bit
23lb 5oz give or take. Most impressive

No need to apologise Carl; it's what makes the world go round...

Back