Splatter paint Marin Eldridge - 1990?

Re:

Thanks guys, glad you like it as much as I do. :D

Gingernuts/badger, I remember seeing your beautiful Eldridge for sale and being very tempted (dad lives an hour from you) but it wasn't my size. Although this one is a size smaller than I'd like, it was local and I couldn't resist.

And xxnicky, your Eldridge is pefect and just my size - but it had already sold by the time I saw it. :facepalm:

It'll be a while before I get around to restoring this one. The first job is to tackle the stuck seatpost (a can of Plusgas is on its way and my fingers are crossed). Failing that, I have a mate with a vice. This bike has been severely neglected and every scratch and stone chip on the frame is now a rust spot. And there are dozens of them, each of which will need tackling individually.

And Linseneintopf ... love your neon rasta, is that the original paint? I have a '91 Bear Valley which needs completely restoring and I'm planning to replace the zolatone paintwork with a rasta fade. :D

That's a lovely bike!
Apart from the tires and the saddle it seems to be pretty original, too.
If you want to keep that original look Ritchey WCS True Grips or Grab-On Mountain 2 Grips would be a good choice.
Maybe you can post your frame number so i can compare it to my own Eldridge Grade. Mine is the later 1991 catalogue model with the Afterburner seat stays but my frame was produced in 1990.
It would also be interesting to know if your bike has the same funny 29.5mm seatpost diameter or if they used something more common with the early Eldridge Grades.
I hope you can get the stuck seatpost out without to much hassle.
By the way i love splatter paint jobs. :)

Re:

Good luck with the seatpost, I have a '90 Eldridge with the 29.5 requirement. Managed to get a 29.6 in easily enough with a bit of cleaning though, used plenty of copper grease to make sure it will come out!

Attachments

• 1990 Eldridge.jpg
    1990 Eldridge.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 377
Re:

Hey Juice, the frame number looks to be 903030289 (but those last two digits could be 09).

Korszun, I've had the vernier calipers on the seatpost and it looks to be just over 29.5 (they're not digital so can't be exact). I'm hoping I can get the original post out without damaging it. If not, I have a '90 Pine Mountain with a 29.5 Strong seatpost, so they might have to share. :LOL:

Back