SOLD - Cannondale Scalpel frame - bit ropey, VERY cheap

amedias

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Need to get this out of my loft!

It's a 26in Carbon Cannondale Scalpel, the shock is not original although appears to hold air when static, ther eis some wear on the shaft but not terminal.

It's well used and has had a rattly chainstay bridge fixed/bodged with epoxy under the previous owner, these came loose quite frequently and expoying them is a valid fix but this one is a bit cosmetically poor!
It also appears he tried to apply epoxy to the plug joint but it looks like it's just the clear coat that had separated as they almost always do on these frames. I can't detect ANY movement or flex of the joints that shouldn't be there but full disclosure is my way so not going to hide the 'repair'

If anyone would like to take this on as either a "spares 'n repairs" project or simply to throw some components at it and ride it as a beater then 25 quid will make it yours.

If you want it posted then that's fine, as long as you cover the cost of posting it, which may well be close to the cost of buying it!

I'm in Exeter if you want to collect it.

Attachments

• IMG_7453.JPG
    IMG_7453.JPG
    306.9 KB · Views: 348
  • IMG_7452.JPG
    IMG_7452.JPG
    400.4 KB · Views: 348
  • IMG_7451.JPG
    IMG_7451.JPG
    643.7 KB · Views: 348
  • IMG_7450.JPG
    IMG_7450.JPG
    666.8 KB · Views: 348
Re: Cannondale Scalpel frame - bit ropey, VERY cheap

Interested enough to actually come and take take it away and stop me moving it from one side of the loft to the other every few weeks?

Hi. What year is it? And it looks like it has rear brake mounts, just been removed, is that correct?
And what size is it also. Thank you very much. :D

amedias":3bpynrfx said:
Interested enough to actually come and take take it away and stop me moving it from one side of the loft to the other every few weeks?
Ha ha, you want it gone that badly hey!

2008 I think.... and pretty sure it's a Medium in Cannondale speak, ST is 17in, TT is 22in

It's disc only and has always been so, standard IS disc mounts, but just out of shot on both pics (annoyingly!)
I think what you're referring to in the pics are the hose guides on the seatstay?

I could do with it being out of the way, but was more curious what level of interest you were expressing, it's been in the way for a year or so and realistically I'm not going to get round to building it, but a few more days/weeks wont be any worse than the last year!

amedias":2qx6lkd2 said:
2008 I think.... and pretty sure it's a Medium in Cannondale speak, ST is 17in, TT is 22in

It's disc only and has always been so, standard IS disc mounts, but just out of shot on both pics (annoyingly!)
I think what you're referring to in the pics are the hose guides on the seatstay?

I could do with it being out of the way, but was more curious what level of interest you were expressing, it's been in the way for a year or so and realistically I'm not going to get round to building it, but a few more days/weeks wont be any worse than the last year!

Thanks for the info,alas it's a bit small for me, it appears that you have other local interest. So I'll let the next person take it.

That should be perfect, I'll be on the nursery run @4:30 but should be back by 5

PM me for address

Re: Re:

WideSam":13gz9hlb said:
I’ll take a punt on it. I’m in Exeter this afternoon, I could come and collect around 4:30-5?

That should be perfect, I'll be on the nursery run @4:30 but should be back by 5

PM me for address

Back