snowflake wheels

mtbdave

GT Fan
Feedback
View
Hi all i was wondering about the pro's & con's of having snowflake pattern wheels?

I have a front wheel built in a snowflake spoke pattern and i was going to get the rear done the same.
But as am 6.1" tall and 15 stone (95kg) and will be using the wheels on a full sus bike i wondered if it would stand up to the punishment.

Thought or any suggestions.

Don't snowflake the rear, it won't take the torque. It feels spongy, and the straight twisted parts try and straighten out directly in line from the hub to the rim.\If you have to do the rear, non driveside only. . .

thanks for that i wondered if that was possible,as i bought the wheels from ebay (front built rear not built) i thought i would ask here before i got it build.

the hubs are m900 shimano xtr and the rims are mavic 231 in 32 hole

suburbanreuben":1mw36m14 said:
a beautiful thing to do to wheels.

Fixed that for you ;)

They can be a little trickier to true, but are rather aesthetically pleasing.

Had a front wheel snowflake on mine for years - just taken it off as the rim was almost transparent. Only broke one spoke in all that time and never went out of true - used on a fullly rigid bike running P2s.

Do it, you know you want to...

mtbdave":3dqwvjhh said:
Hi all i was wondering about the pro's & con's of having snowflake pattern wheels?

Con: is They look Tres Naff.

Pro: its such a silly way to lace a wheel you can only do the front :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Back