show us your gt's

Re:

speedplay":qnebuzdx said:
my old rts-1, lts 2000 and zr 2000 all of which have now moved on.

I use to own one of these - loved it. the rear triangle had some crazy play in it though... was never sure if that was feature of the RTS... got use to it over time

My 1994 GT TIMBERLINE which I bought new way back in late '93. I've just finished a full rebuild/restoration this week! Loads of pics and the full story on this thread.

And because I really wanted the "FS" model which had suspension forks but couldn't afford it I finally "retro upgraded" today to a set of ROCK SHOX QUADRA 21R (the FS had QUADRA 10s I believe). Just took it out for quick 10 minute spin in the woods in the dark! So much better not getting battered around down the hills.

Need some sage wisdom from all of your lovely GT build brains...

Thoughts?

2014 avalanche frame £60

exotic rigid carbon fork £60

bogo standard spare wheels.

1x9 zee drive

geotaxx tattoo tyre

I want a badass, simple and sexy 5mile commuter that can take the rough roads to work whilst being fun as hell.

Re: Re:

bikey :)":2tfx2tyh said:
My Lightning.
Very nice! And thank you for reminding me that I have an ancient set of Schwalbe city tyres hiding at the back of the garage to convert my TIMBERLINE into a mean, green street machine!

Don't suppose anyone's got a spare set of Araya AP-21 wheels so I can swap wheels instead of swapping tyres?

Back