Show us your GT LTS dh`s ??

daj

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Picked mine up at the weekend , Havent had a good look over it yet but the frame is mint, Here is a quick pic to start us off!!

Questions too!!

How to date a dh ? Cannot find any markings on it?

Anyone run a front mech?

DSC_0471.jpg

ruddy hell that bike was a bargain, nice to have the original specced cranks and chain tensioner

thats a 1997 model, all you need to run a front mech is the little plastic runner that fits to the underside of the bb tube. all the bosses should be there on the down tube?

I have yet to cut it but I am guessing something is wrong with the chain device...If you look its got a Zip tie holding it in place :?

it has a spring tensioned bottom runner, the spring is steel and corrodeds badly, easily replacable, i doubt anything else is wrong, the ac device is pretty tuff, and pretty.

Here's mine ;)

These pics were taken a while ago but bike is pretty much the same, has a temporary Fox shock in place of the Rock Shock, fitted a nice XT rear mech to replace that manky modern Deore thing, thumbie is now on the left hand side under the bars, bars are painted to match the forks and i've got a red flite to go on it, also using the 40T outer ring now instead of it being redundant in these pics, my frame has never had a front mech fitted, you can use a top swing or an E-type on them though

I have the same early Z1's as you with the twin caliper mounts.

lts-1.jpg

lts-2.jpg

Ill get some pics of mine at the weekend.

Looks like a POS at the mo tho...

Very much a love hate relationship, but thats probably good with a downhill bike ;)

Nice one mate...

Should we organise a retro downhill meet, there's a nice private course near Tavistock, or the one at Cwmbran? ;)

Where you been?? Havent seen you for ages!! :D

Should we organise a retro downhill meet

Be a giggle ...As long as there not these modern Eddie Eagle courses!!!!

Latest posts

Back