Show us what you did today, thread

Looks good Klaus. Only thing I don't like about Charge bikes is the silly decal placement. :LOL:
Be interested to hear your thoughts on the tyres once you've done a few miles. What size did you go for?

Yep i gotta agree about the decals but overall the Charge looks great so lets hope it's as good as you want it to be ..

clubby":r7bssiv5 said:
What forks did you go for K?

Its the Genesis fork from a CDF , this one, but it didn't cost me that much!
http://www.shop.18bikes.co.uk/m14b0s543 ... 16%29-2016

firedfromthecircus":r7bssiv5 said:
Looks good Klaus. Only thing I don't like about Charge bikes is the silly decal placement. :LOL:
Be interested to hear your thoughts on the tyres once you've done a few miles. What size did you go for?

I have to agree, I never really considered them before because of this. My pal has a skinny Duster and its is lovely which had me looking at them again, the frame was a bargain so I reckoned I could live with the decals and as time goes on I''m actually warming to them.

The tyres are the Schwalbe S One http://road.cc/content/review/173205-sc ... eless-tyre which are 30mm. Inital impressions are good and I've still to nail the pressures. I'll report back anyroads, it was one aspect of the build that I was keen to try out.

velomaniac":r7bssiv5 said:
Wish I had a handy sea wall to make all my bikes look as showroom cool against like Kaiser has :cool:

:mrgreen: a bit of hunting and I'm sure you could find a nice backdrop. I do seem to like that wall aw the same.

First test ride this morning and all is well :D after the obilgatory faff with the bar alignment it was tally ho. Really happy with everything and its doing exactly as I'd hoped, sluggish out the gate compared to my carbon bike but is an assured descender. I think I'm slightly overgeared for the upcoming tour and I'll see if I can remedy this beforehand.

kaiser":1gkc6wuy said:
The tyres are the Schwalbe S One http://road.cc/content/review/173205-sc ... eless-tyre which are 30mm. Inital impressions are good and I've still to nail the pressures. I'll report back anyroads, it was one aspect of the build that I was keen to try out.

I must be needing new specs! I thought they were the G-Ones. :facepalm:

Those S-Ones look quite interesting as well though now I've read about them, so my comment about feedback still stands. :LOL:

Had a nice ride out this afternoon on the Merckx. Lovely weather but an ever strengthening wind from the south made the run home a good effort.
A late afternoon run for a couple of hours, a usual circular loop and trip up to Dunnet Head to finish off. First time out on the Merckx for a while so it felt pretty fast after mainly being on the Trucker. About to put my 7400 Dura Ace Stuff back on so it was good, but back to the usual conundrum of it runs so sweet I start to wonder should I change it again. :LOL:
Anyway just thought I would post as it was a lovely day up here, and with the wind from the south it kept the sea harr at bay. Fairly hazy sort of day though.
I also thought as my Merckx is retro I would post as I have had it mentioned that most of my rides aren't retro.
Hopefully the weather was good for everyone else as well and you got out for a ride too, I had a few things going on this morning and then watched the Giro this afternoon. Another brilliant stage.

Jamie
DSCN2490 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSCN2488 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSCN2494 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSCN2501 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Back