Show us what you did today, thread

Finished building the Heckler ready for the Pentlands ride. Might get it out for a test spin tomorrow.

IMG_0798_zps2lqsg0k8.jpg

Re:

What do you think Rob? I found it very light and quick.

FFTC, thon is nice! Really nicely spec'd out .

Re: Re:

kaiser":2v5te6cz said:

It looks heavy (headtube junction) but its light, tight, flickable, get up to speed quick, maintains speed well, I usualy run 22,32,42 up front but I'm running a 44 and I'm pulling well on it, which had me wondering about the gearing as I shouldn't be able to do all that at this moment. Its buttery smooth, plush, and the arse end really follows the contours of the ground when climbing, to put it in a nut shell its a "fast ride" :twisted:

Hey, just noticed 12000 posts :D

Re: Re:

RobMac":1c2a8g0c said:
kaiser":1c2a8g0c said:

It looks heavy (headtube junction) but its light, tight, flickable, get up to speed quick, maintains speed well, I usualy run 22,32,42 up front but I'm running a 44 and I'm pulling well on it, which had me wondering about the gearing as I shouldn't be able to do all that at this moment. Its buttery smooth, plush, and the arse end really follows the contours of the ground when climbing, to put it in a nut shell its a "fast ride" :twisted:
[/size]

I've never gotten accustomed to a bike as quickly as I have with this Kona, it feels like I've been riding it for four months not four days :shock:

Re:

Finished building up my Charge Plug frame, as I know you all love a tenuous reason for putting a big together here goes....Its to fill to hole of winter trainer/commuter/rough road and sometime tourer chasm in the fleet :D . Actually quite excited about it in an almost retro sense. Chose a slightly bigger than normal frame, thus there is less post sticking out compared to a more modern bike. Being a CXish frame this also has a slightly shorter top tube which let me go for the bigger frame, the bonus is also a bit more headtube too. I was really nervous about the fit but thats a 100mm stem up front and its very very comfy, exactly what I was looking for, useable drops and a relaxed top of the bars position. The Tange Prestige tubeset is lovely too in a nice a retro skinny way. Of course its not pretending to be anything but modern but I hope you can see where I'm coming from.

Charge Plug by Bigbroondug, on Flickr

Charge Plug by Bigbroondug, on Flickr

Back