Show us what you did today, thread

firedfromthecircus":1nmch7fk said:
I'll have you know that KM is five years old now. It's practically vintage! :LOL:
It's got a retro look to it though which I find pleasing and something that I tend to go for with my newer bikes too :oops:

Re:

I'll try and redress the retro balance on here with a pic of my "girls bike" which I've nearly got finished today. :mrgreen:

Attachments

• Part assembled.jpg
    Part assembled.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 292
zigzag":2cz9zqz7 said:
Well, I for one am liking the shit out of that!
:LOL: cheers it's coming together pretty nicely, not a pristine resto but it's got a bit of heritage this one so leaving it as is.

Aye, not bad for a girls bike Col. :LOL:

Got the monkey finished and took it out for a wee ride. The bike performed faultlessly. Shame I can't say the same for myself. I think it will be a while before I am back to full strength. :( Still, it's a good excuse to keep trying. ;)

And for the first ride the tarmac count was suitably low Brian.

Attachments

• IMG_0755cw.jpg
    IMG_0755cw.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_0749cw.jpg
    IMG_0749cw.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 271
Yeah, its spring fever in here just now, builds coming thick and fast :)
Good to see and long may it continue, it doesn't matter whether its old or new really as most of the 'new' stuff we all buy, with maybe the exception of Kaiser and JontheFish, is old style steel with a very old style geometry, some may have 29'er wheels but in all other respects their pretty old style.
When Brian and I go for a ride we only ever start out with a starting place and a vague plan, that's not disorganisation, its just the reality that we will go off and explore any track that looks interesting, road or off road. That's why with Brian most road rides require the Trucker rather than the Merckx :)

Jamie

Col, that Epic is the nicest retro machine I have seen for a loooong while :)
I am partial to the Stumpjumper and while I cleared most out there is still a frame or two in the loft. Nothing as lovely as this baby though.

Jamie

Back