Show us what you did today, thread

firedfromthecircus":16osotbf said:
Just got to fit the brake cables now. Bars in a better position. From my wee test sit it feels like it will be perfect position for me in the drops which is what I was hoping for. :cool:

Good looking bike.

Looks very good Barry, the bars look better now for sure, ;)
I use the similar Midge bars on my Trucker and find them great on the dirt roads and trails, they give a lot of options and make the drops really usable, far more usable than a normal road drop bar.
Matching tyres, very bling :)

Jamie

Re:

By accident Barry you have built one of Epicyclo's bikes. I dont think you owe him royalties as I dont think he holds the patents :LOL:
Cool as a cool thing though and inspired by my ride on one of Epicyclo's bikes I have a similar plan forming ;)

In fact that was the kick I needed so just bought a pair of Schwalbe Big Apples 28 x 2.35 for £40. I have a hub and rim to build a rear SS 29er wheel plus a Surly Moonlander fork with 135mm hubbed front 29er wheel amd a big clearances Decathlon Triban Trail frame.
Maybe later this year we could get a fat tyred gravel road run somewhere !

Re: Re:

velomaniac":288snpq0 said:
By accident Barry you have built one of Epicyclo's bikes. I dont think you owe him royalties as I dont think he holds the patents :LOL:
Cool as a cool thing though and inspired by my ride on one of Epicyclo's bikes I have a similar plan forming ;)

It was no accident Velo. ;)

epicyclo":288snpq0 said:
Good looking bike.

Thanks. I call it my Brian MacLeod™®© road bike! :LOL:

Re:

New build fever on here at the moment. Just remember to ride them!
Hoping for good turnouts for the rides in coming months.

DynaCol":zri9ycbu said:
Plenty of very nice looking "new" builds but what about the "old" builds?? :LOL:

They just keep on working, so no need to change them. Just oil the chain and go... :)

As for dropbars on a mtb, what Shiggy says here is the best explanation I've read http://mtbtires.com/features/bikes/why_dropbars.html. But then it's bound to make sense to me because I was riding mountains on a skinny wheeled SS dropbar bike before we had such exotica as mtbs. At least now I've learned it's ok to use a smaller chainring than a 48 :)

Edit:

Er, oops, forgot. That's what I have on my Ti Pompino...

firedfromthecircus":2575ridy said:
Thanks. I call it my Brian MacLeod™®© road bike! :LOL:

In that case it won't see much road. :)

You'll finally understand the meaning of temptation.

Go for a road ride, see an interesting track, oops...

Next thing you have no idea where you are, but where ever it is, it's better than where you were going. That's a reasonable description of one of my rides - I think Jamie will agree. :)

Latest posts

Back