Show us what you did today, thread

Re:

If you would consider leaving it built at a price, let me know what that price would be. I could do with something useable for the herd thanks to upcoming visits.

Headed up to Dunked to drop my forks into Flotec for repair, and also did some riding while I was there. Found a gps trace for the endure route and did some of it. All I can say is I'm glad I never entered any. I know I'm not exactly fit at the moment but with a lot of walking, it took me 1.5hrs just to get up to the start of stage 1! First part of the stage was really steep and cut up and I bottles some of it, but it got better as it went on. Took me 10 minutes to get to the bottom, the top guys took under 4. The climb up to the mast for stage 2 was again brutal and I can't say I particularly enjoyed the descent. Really steep, loose slate with a lot of exposed roots. Just glad it was dry today, I would have been lethal in the wet. Some of the lines were just straight down the hill in narrow, rocky gullies. Not fun for me. Well done to Kaiser for getting down there in the time he did, must be riding like a man possessed at the moment. Called it quits after that as I didn't fancy a return slog up to the mast for a second steep run down.
Maybe just getting older, but I prefer my trails to flow, not just a challenge for survival to avoid certain death. It's a shame, as I like the idea of the enduro format, but there doesn't seem to be much in between the family funduro events and the full on Scottish series ones. Hoping the Comrie one might be a bit of middle ground, but still unsure if I can make it.

Anyway, at least it was warm and sunny and I got a couple of good photos.

From the mast looking across to stage 1. Pretty much the top of that hill to the bottom was 1 stage. If you drive the A9 a lot, it's the hill behind Dunked train station. The one you can't see the top of from the road!

Untitled by Steven Clubb, on Flickr

Looking back down to Birnam and Dunkeld from the top of stage 2. The climb started in the village.

Panorama shot.

Re:

Looks like you caught a cracking day clubby. It is indeed a brutal few climbs, FWIW Fort William was alot more flowy. Still some techy stuff (a lot in fact) but all rideable. You'd be familiar with some of it from the time we did the enduro there.

Clubby, maybe try the Scottish Enduro Series "Lite" race at Glenlivet later this year. ?
Last year's wasn't particularly technical, and included parts of the Red Glenlivet trail, the "Lite" race was only 4 stages instead of 5, there was no rush on the climbs as you had to hang around at the top for a while anyway to wait your turn to start.

Love that frame and paintwork, g!

Down Glentress yesterday with Keith, Velo and OCP. Snow and sun, topped off with a white pudding supper and very fine pint of Stewarts 80/- in Peebles, then a nice gentle walk back up Janet's Brae for a bit more riding.

-z7xhaKPtW_diJJx1xuAiudZ4i1diYdf-qwqo9W_5YJ8NCMzuY2dYmGwMktlAWzEsfgKb-UjgyErcxFliDgaXSFBDjnVLKQIfs3RQJGsYfqrdczkmpkAJsxGH-N1qR8F2FK5YOArJ_cmTlVLe25k_-AoFKrbQnC1Be72UJgIEn31ZHc7pIhxCjwxF62ncQnSaqUW9PVAK1psd0Aw_HjFestxS33XZE74ZiM9eHHMJCVKQhbgrZYMJzjHQAVJeFVuBNzLeMoaMArjCr-_i-MkFF02WywEbunC5sgoYFRxD1DyEDORKmuxgfNm4q6k18dSQ3poUMaOCdC9ihBB93t3j_LVKyl0kJ7yJnit5x4fqqSPClgfG0YuO7xp-tWkQSspyu0CWNz3GScGWNUzIaHRfw9ZYFOpXTPXZaFxSGzGPG9RAtD454cUnZDU6YI87BHnjzfxrPlS6A658nB_xV9bPEPJJP-b_DkUHnOcaVfa0AmZFjx9Nj2StDqICs4ZHW3brb8RM1VibcWthDBCcRhL-IMKpKI-V9rSEKk-0cGbZiTHyMUP6_dpBbigYEqk27c=w1033-h781-no

Built it up September last year, g - Like the grip of 29+, but not a big fan of the Surly Dirt Wizards though (horrible, flexy sidewalls that they've subsequently fixed in v2 of the tyre). I think with a bit of front suspension (and decent tyres) it'd be brilliant.

I saw a couple of Radek's (as usual) excellent pics on FB - looked like a good weekend. Weather kind to you?

looks like a go anywhere do anything ride

yeah, the Saturday was typical, sun start, followed by a little hail, sun, snow, and then brooding skies, sunday was blue skies all the way. as good as the ride was, the train up to corrour on Friday evening and back from spean bridge on Sunday was STUNNING, my first time on that train line, but definitely not the last

Sunday looked like this

WP_20160424_10_12_51_Rich by gmac123, on Flickr

Back