Show us what you did today, thread

Nice :D Paddleing Jamie. Nothing like it for the potterer :D
Scenery not to brilliant down Lochwinnock way though

Found a 2nd hand bike for sale im tempted in. Just as a donor though theres only a few nice bits and the rest is shite :?
KHS dj frame-Some nice xlite bits like the ti cam skewers and a pace rc30 rigid

Fork would have to be mint I reckon.

Nice one Jamie. Gutted I didn't make it, but it definitely would've been too much. Next time maybe.

Looks like great fun Jamie. Have done a sea kayaking course before but never tried a canoe. Had a hours paddle when out in NZ, which I really enjoyed. Would love my own, but can't justify expense for all I'd use it.

Re:

Yep, very cool!

I don't fancy open canoes much around Scotland's coastal waters. Just the ticket for lazy camping trips up quiet water though.

clubby":36m20jq4 said:
Looks like great fun Jamie. Have done a sea kayaking course before but never tried a canoe. Had a hours paddle when out in NZ, which I really enjoyed. Would love my own, but can't justify expense for all I'd use it.

You can get them quite cheaply second hand, at least, certainly in comparison to any bike part with Jones written on it! :p

Funnily enough, I know someone selling one at the moment. You could pick it up after Forth Fat! :LOL:

It'd be a sea kayak I'd go for FFTC. More useable on the coast. Thing is, it's never the cost of the main item but all the paraphernalia that goes with it. Paddles, spray deck, buoyancy aid and roof rack to carry it all.

Hey Barry :)
That's a nice Old Town. A bit too similar to my own but great price sure.
I see another nice make in the back of it, or is there something new on the horizon?
I am cleaning up my Old Town for the spring and Gil did me some new decals a couple of weeks back.
I like my kayak but prefer the Canadian as its what I have always known. I only started kayaking when I moved to Oban from Aus, I suppose that was nearly 15 years ago :roll:
I picked my canoe up not long after I arrived, it was within about 8 months, once I new I was staying. Used to keep it at work and paddle a lot more than now. :oops:
I also had my girlfriends fathers P&H fibreglass K1, its what I learnt on in the sea :LOL: Tippy is not the word :LOL: It was a quick learning curve.

Jamie

Barry and Clubby, and anyone else for that matter, are you going to Forth Fat?
I know it should be in the Fat thread but seen as how it was mentioned ;)

Jamie

Re:

Working the Saturday unfortunately but hoping to make Sunday. Still never made if out to the subs.

Back