Show us what you did today, thread

Learnie is almost in my backyard. I don't like it. Too trailpark-like for me, but it has some nice features.

We used to frequent that area back in the early 00s, before we moved back up here. No one ever went there, and we used to park our camper up by the mast. Great days.

epicyclo":732tcjbo said:
Learnie is almost in my backyard. I don't like it. Too trailpark-like for me, but it has some nice features.

yep, i have to agree Brian, not really my thing either tbh, but i'd never been, so gave it a try

HF, it seemed relatively litter-free and well-looked after other than a few downed trees strategically placed over fast bits of track!

i've yet to try Golspie Jim, have heard good reports about it, but sounds like you really need a rig with suspension, maybe that'll have to be the first outing for the PRST-4! :D

Golspie is good for that sort of thing. I must admit its a nice ride during the week Golspie, when no ones around.
Again I suppose I haven't been for a few years and there are some newer tracks venturing further up the coast, but it was good for a couple of hours out where you knew what you were getting. I am not a trail park person but its always good fun to ride these trails. The black one is quite rocky and very steep up the top near the monument section but the rest is doable on a rigid singlespeed. Its a steep, long. long climb straight out the carpark but it winds its way up. Hard but certainly nice and far better than some of these places with forestry road for climbs.

Jamie

Rainy morning and a visiting father in law spoiling my chances of watching Paris Roubaix, had me scurrying for the man cave.
Last couple of rides on the Jones have left me with an achey back. When I first got it, I had a lot of fiddling to get comfy on it but it doesn't seem to be a bike that likes been neglected. When I ride it all the time, it's ok, but when I'm swapping between bikes I get sore on it. Have tried longer stem in the past, but that made no difference, so with the parts from the Mojo still in the garage, I decided to try a whole new approach. Ditched the current stem and loop bars and fitted a 70mm stem and 760mm easton dh bars! Went for a ride this afternoon and I instantly felt in a better position. With the extra width I finally feel like I've enough reach, but my weight isn't any further forward than it was, so they bike still handles great. Obviously I've lost a couple of extra hand positions, but I found you could only really use them on the flat anyway. In the tech stuff you always ended up on the rear section to be near the brake and gear lever. For the riding I do most, I think it's a worthwhile compromise. I'll be keeping the loop bars for now just in case. I also replaced the BB5s with the Sram guides from the Mojo while I was at it. This and the bar change gave a nice side effect of losing 1.5lbs, which is nice.

Crap photo before phone battery died.

Untitled by Steven Clubb, on Flickr

Back