Show us what you did today, thread

Well, I know that's a great bit of riding from our last year's effort.

It's pretty cunning feeding your training aid ice cream etc to make him heavier.

(Jamie is getting faster, folks. And it's all down to the extra 15-20kg he's hauling around :) )

Re:

Orkneys looking great as always, Northern Isles are my favourite place in Scotland outwith of home turf. Unfortunately with Jamie's new fitness plan via his ballast I fear he is now just another rider who will repeatedly lap me at the UK Single Speed Champs :oops: :facepalm:
Any chance your son could be the ballast on your SS bike at the race just so I dont get totally beaten into ignominious defeat :LOL:

Jamiedyer":336e10qr said:
I dont rush anything, we stop frequently to drink, snack, play, explore, basically whatever makes it enjoyable and happy, an adventure type thing.
That sound like a typical MacRetro ride out :LOL:
Jamiedyer":336e10qr said:
He played about, hiding and then jumping out 'suprising' me. This certainly charmed a bus load of italian ladies as they were oohing and aahhhing all about him.
You sly old fox you you'll try anything to entice the ladies :twisted:
"Anbody got a cute kid I could borrow for a little while?" :shock:

Thanks for sharing Jamie and keep up the good work Dad ;)

Re: Re:

velomaniac":2dgmfegb said:
...Unfortunately with Jamie's new fitness plan via his ballast I fear he is now just another rider who will repeatedly lap me at the UK Single Speed Champs :oops: :facepalm:
Any chance your son could be the ballast on your SS bike at the race just so I dont get totally beaten into ignominious defeat :LOL:

Don't worry, I'll be there fighting for the DFL spot. :)

Thanks for the kind words guys but, alas, there is no fitness plan. His 17 kilo is on the trucker so that I have the touring gearing to haul us up the hills. Dont get me wrong as we were motoring up some of the steep climbs yesterday, but it isn't really doing me any rapid favours towards my SSUK form. Other than wearing me out :)
Now if you see that seat on the back of my Merckx, then you know I have a cunning plan ;)
Otherwise I look forward to the three of us chatting at the back of the pack ;)

Jamie

Re:

Okay so this is cheating as it was two days ago but Mrsthefish and I had a wee bimble around Unst after completing some work in the Shetland isles. Briefly our old Konas were the most northerly retro bikes in the UK. Unst was tops by the way.
Henderson's in Baltasound must be one the greatest shops in Scotland - sells everything from ale to fuses, computer scanners, spanners, doughnuts and socks.
Grand folks the Shetlanders too. Great place for a visit. There's archaeology everywhere and more marine mammals than you could throw a harpoon at (Mrsthefish is Norwegian). Good beer from Valhalla brewery on Unst too. Braw.

Attachments

• Let's hear no more whining about pot holes (2).jpg
    Let's hear no more whining about pot holes (2).jpg
    274.8 KB · Views: 328
  • Skaw (2).jpg
    Skaw (2).jpg
    238.1 KB · Views: 328
  • Hill of Clibberwick from Lamba Ness.jpg
    Hill of Clibberwick from Lamba Ness.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 328
Re:

Wow, that's some road! Looks like a great place to visit, I've never made it any further north than one or two bits of Orkney though I'd like to some time. Are the accents any harder to decipher than the Orcadian ones (which I didn't find too bad in general, though there were some exceptions once off the "mainland"!)

Yeh. Road closed. But it looked intriguing so we went for a wee look-see. Landslip some time back. Must say that for driving the Shetland roads are mainly top notch. Shetland Islands Council were much more far sighted with the oil money than our stupid UK government ever were.

Shetland accents are mainly ok for me to understand unless folk talk very quickly. I expect they make allowances for folk from Scotland though, on the basis that we are at least slightly foreign!

Back