Short Hope Sport lever ID needed

dyna-ti

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
With a hole in the end :?
I picked this up the other day and was wondering about it, hoped someone here could tell me :)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/hope-mini-dis ... true&rt=nc
The descript on the packet really looks like 'Rope' which too close to Hope not to be Hope and just a bad angle but the hole in the end you could or would thread something through
But what :?

As luck would have it i have another.Its sat in my parts bin for a long time and ive never seen another or heard or seen fitted until this one popped up in a search :?
I think its Sport lever as it looks the same except shorter. Trials ? :?

Anyone ? :)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
That's a bit of a puzzle to me dyna, could the hole be for some sort of lever extender for use with bar ends?

secret_squirrel":t24b27y5 said:

Well they are purple and anything purple must be good. I think they would look great against the polished Ti :cool: Certainly turn a few heads :LOL:

secret_squirrel":t24b27y5 said:
Any of the printing on the bag a part number?

Its all a bit crinkled from the pic and ive not received it as yet but will update with everything on the packet. Ill add the other i have after a polish and add them to the Hope Timeline thread. Along with any info i can find.

The Ken":9o1ept1k said:
That's a bit of a puzzle to me dyna, could the hole be for some sort of lever extender for use with bar ends?

Be a hell of a narrow set of bars :? It might be threaded as itt feels rough inside, certainly rougher than a smooth drilled hole would be but im having problems threading anything in there to check :? Ill wait till the new one arives and check that.
It would be interesting indeed if this was the case.
If the Sport lever is 3 finger this is 2 max :? Ill do a pic of the sport and this side by side for comparison.
Comparing the 2 side by side it looks like the lever should sit pretty close to the bar. Mount is slightly different :? not enough to suggest a different master cylinder though.

Well it looks like ill be buying all the tat then :LOL: :LOL:

Re:

I think you might have it Dave

Looking at it it appears like someone has tried to mill it down (badly)

Re: Re:

boxxer":1v0euob9 said:
I think you might have it Dave

Looking at it it appears like someone has tried to mill it down (badly)

The other one arrived and its exactly the same with the no attention to detail and its completely different to the sport i have to compare,so i wouldnt say it was a cut down or anything like that :?
Plus i would hazard a guess at it being hot forged and not milled and i say that because either they didnt have any way of grinding out milling marks and thats unlikely :?
But either way ive a pair and a pair is better than one.
Ill have to wait till i get some sport master cylinders to see how they fit.

Heres some photos comparing it with a Hope sport lever.

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/36p7rh2ok48r ... szekOZWsUa

There's only half of the clamp there as I've used the other bit on a project :roll: , anyway you can still see the important part.

Looking at the finish on the one you have , l seriously doubt that it came from Hope & that the bar clamp for it is different.

Have also compared it to Magura hydrostop, early HS11 & Giant MPH & no match.

Back