Scrotes visited in the night...

Re:

Didn't have that sticker, it was running old style push push rapid fire shifters, similar, but mine was in better condition.

And thanks for the heads up.

You've been scoped by the looks of it.

I got cleaned out in a similar way. Only got one bike back.

Hope it gets sorted.

The police raided a place a few years ago and found mountains of parts stripped, frames wheels etc. A proper little industry.

I'm really sorry to hear about the theft :(. I check ebay and gumtree in the West Midlands pretty often so will keep 'em peeled.

A friend got 4 bikes got stolen 2 years ago. He made a 1 page pdf with a few images of the bikes and just emailed it round to all his mates. Having the pdf on my desktop kept it on my mind when I would definitely have just forgotten about them otherwise.

After a month one of us spotted one of the bikes for sale on Gumtree in East London and it led to getting 2 of them back.

Maybe you could try doing something similar like provide a link to a pdf for retrobikers to download. Just an idea. :D

Re:

Have one available if anyone wishes to have it, it's gone to the Polices, and hardcopy will also be in local bike shops by the end of tomorrow.

Thank you for the suggestion.

No problem. Sure, I'll take a copy.

You could upload it somewhere like http://www.filedropper.com/, which will then give you a link where people can download the file from.

I think retrobike may have the option to upload pdf files, but I never managed to get it to work.

Re:

I'll sort out the PDFs tomorrow, drinking wine and consoling myself about the more serious shit that some people have had to deal with over the last few days.

Re: Re:

TedC":2rmpzawx said:
I'll sort out the PDFs tomorrow, drinking wine and consoling myself about the more serious shit that some people have had to deal with over the last few days.

Good for you mate. Sad story, there's some arseholes out there

Will keep a look out

Back