Saracen Race Elite - 1993 Elevated Chainstays

Elevated

Dirt Disciple
Couple of pics of my 1993 Saracen Race Elite. It's a strange beast, kind of a parts bin special using leftover 1992 Killi Racer frames with a mix of parts. Most of the groupset is cheapo Altus A20, but I got lucky with this one as it had Deore LX front mech and hubs - the 17" next to it in the shop didn't.

It's a 15.5". I was 15 when I got it back in 93 and it still fits pretty well (I'm 5' 10" with long legs and short arms). Having grown up dreaming of Nishiki Aliens, Mantis' and Alpinestars I was well chuffed to make my pocket and birthday money stretch to this.

I added the XT rear mech, Control Stix Team Issues, Powergrips, Marin cage, X-Lite seat bolt and Porcs. The Porcs were used for one ride and are sat in my garage. Later on it got Gripshifts, Yeti grips and Kool Stops (rubbish!)

I still have it but renewed interest in biking means it'll retire and my childhood dream of a Yeti (a new one sorry!) will hopefully take it's place.

Just after I got it:

saracen.jpg

A couple of months later:

saracen_porc.jpg

July 2005:

saracen_2005.jpg

E-stays and power grips nice.

Still got a set of power grips on a set of pedals somewhere. They were deadly. Remember doing some race way back when, stacking it, foot got caught in the grip and somehow flipped the bike round onto my back.

Switched to clipless not long after.

Quite possibly one of the oldest resurections, even rutteger was posting!

Nice Saracen though.

Easy_Rider":2cf7j519 said:
Quite possibly one of the oldest resurections, even rutteger was posting!

Nice Saracen though.

Sorry. The search function made me do it :LOL:

clockworkgazz":kxjipsx6 said:
:LOL: :LOL:

bet you wished you had kept the white tyres.

I bet he wish he did! :LOL:

This isn't mine by the way. I might be getting one similar so was posting to see what other examples came by.

Back