Saracen kili brake boss snapped

Given the length of the securing bolt, I wouldn't be too worried about that: a gentle tidy with a dremel or a file to ensure that it doesn't impede the caliper and off you go. Even better if you run Maguras as there is no pivoting action.

Re: it won't work

Because when i put the calliper on there is nothing to hold it in place 3mil at most is left so I'm going to try and put a disc brake on the back using this adapter £2.99 of Amazon if it works il buy the disc and back wheel if its crap I've only lost 3 quid.

Attachments

• 41Gu-gfh0tL._SY400_.jpg
    41Gu-gfh0tL._SY400_.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 1,582
A good fix and one that'd be (relatively) easily done and wouldn't involve any paintwork damage would be to cut it down flush with the bit where the spring mounts and then drill/tap the stump and fit a thread in post which are readily available in a couple different threads.

Re: on order

crazier":u615mkp1 said:
I have ordered 1 i hope it does the job thanks.

Hope you post an update as I’d love to see the result, the feedback on the SJS page sounds very encouraging

Re: on order

Its not turned up yet it should come tomorrow hopefully as soon as it does I will put pics on here.

Had exactly the same problem on a 1990 Saracen Kiliflyer frame too! So you've helped me find the solution as well. Much appreciated!

Back