Salsa Cyclocross with Campy Record Offroad group

d_douglas

Retro Guru
OK, so this is not mine, but a friend's.

He is a roadie and this is his one crossover bike. It is a handbuilt lime green 56cm Salsa witha lugged crown steel fork.

He has a Record OR group on it, with the exception of Record ergo levers on drop bars. THe wheels are (obviously) 700c Camply Record tandem wheels. King HS, Ritchey WCS stem, Record OR post, no saddle or pedals.

THis guy is METICULOUS about his stuff - he now collects incredibly beautiful steel and ti roadbikes, so this will give you an idea of the condition of the bike. I have not ridden this one, but a few of his other bikes and they run perfectly. He builds his own wheels and they are gorgeous builds - super stiff and straight.

He is planning on Ebaying it in the US (he and I live in Switzerland) but is circulating to those in the know and wants about $1200 + shipping. It is a good deal and I would buy it if I didn't already have a cross bike.

Record OR fanatics would appreciate the condition of the parts - they have been used, but would rate a 9.25/10 technically and a 9/10 aesthetically. Collection worthy, for sure.

Let me know if you are interested in it.

Darren

Back