Rocky Mountain Segmented Fork ID please....

muppetman

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Any idea what RM these forks are from? They're really light, segmented forks with Tange Struts and dropouts. I've been through the catalogue archive but some of the pics on the 1992 catalogues are a bit grainy so can't make out (they came with a 92 frame). They don't seem to come up often so hopefully they are super rare (i.e. worth loads) so I can recoup my overspend on the frame and fork combo.

Attachments

• Fork1.jpg
    Fork1.jpg
    928.3 KB · Views: 14
  • Fork2.jpg
    Fork2.jpg
    552.3 KB · Views: 13
  • Fork3.jpg
    Fork3.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 12
1992 Blizzard used Struts of the top of my head.

Luckily the early 90s always names the parts, so no need to look at pictures (which can be wrong).

Do you know what year had the Syncros Powerlite forks? I have a set that IIRC, came from a Blizzard. I've had them forever (not for sale), they're on a bike right now.

Thanks, @FluffyChicken . I'd suspected the '92 Blizzard due to the colour but I couldn't tell from the catalogue if they were segmented or not.

Love the knowledge on this site!
It might not be then as they may have been white depending on the year.

What's stamped on the steerer tube, I think Tange will have date stamped them, say 11.01 sort of thing.

I have a bit of time to have a look, I must add to this that for better scans try the bottom post in the thread 'Rocky Mountain Catalogue 1991 to 1997, now 1998 & 1999 added' https://www.retrobike.co.uk/threads...-1997-now-1998-1999-added.283838/post-2127117
Some are up in the Archive, some are not as I started having problems.

If you look at the 1992 Blizzard you can see it is quite flat at the top, looks a bit odd compared to normal. Then just read the spec list ;-)

Couldn't see them used on other bikes in other years from a quick look. If you see anything, do mention it.

Thought I'd add the picture to complete this post
1629832300734.png

Last edited:
Thanks. I originally checked out the early 90s catalogues in the archive which is why I was confused. Your second post confirms it - they're the same as that 'white '92 Blizzard. Thanks again!

Latest posts

Back