Rock Shox Jett - any good

TooHiBMI

Dirt Disciple
I'm looking to build up a 1998 Kona Caldera frame fairly cheaply. Cheapest way seemed to be buy a donor spares/repair Trek 930. By chance the 99 930 comes with Rock Shox Jett FS hence the question - are these any good?

.... I realise there's absolutely no logic to what I'm doing because as/when I finish the Caldera or the Lava Dome or the Triathlon or find parts and get the 930 functional again none of them will be a match for the perfectly good Explosif I already own. I guess I just enjoy having a project or two on the go and these stop me from buggering up the Explosif. Am I alone in this thinking?

I've had them, and then gave them away! They're heavy and just aren't great at all, unless i was just unlucky with the 2 i've had?

the jett is a budget heavy fork has the same castings as the
higher end forks rebas etc but in a cheaper heavier material
should be cheap tho , i got 3 pairs for a tenner

i agree with your thinking on the projest front tho
34 and counting :roll:

Rock Shox Jett Race. This is the model to have, is the one in orange color. The difference is that it has oil dumping inside, the other models are only coil or coil&elastomers.
I have had this for 10 years, and is really good, basically is a Judy '00 300 gams lighter and just a bit more flexi, but perfect for Xc.

Back