Riding with music

All depends where im riding, anywhere that there is liable to be traffic then its a no, if im riding down by the thames where the trails are nice and wide then i dont see an issue, music choice depends on my mood at the time, could be anything from happy hardcore, techno, classical, ibiza chillouts, 80s etc

All depends where im riding, anywhere that there is liable to be traffic then its a no, if im riding down by the thames where the trails are nice and wide then i dont see an issue, music choice depends on my mood at the time, could be anything from happy hardcore, techno, classical, ibiza chillouts, 80s etc
And what do you use? In ear phones or bone thingymajigs?

I don't think I've ever ridden to classical music but now I'm imagining myself in an old growth forest with Roussels 'Promenade Sentimentale en Forêt' in the background

Last edited:
Done it in the past, only when I was out of traffic and into a nature reserve. Sometimes it added, sometimes it felt like a distraction.

I listen to a lot of music throughout the day, so it's nice to have a complete rest from it.

Sometimes though I will go down a piece of single track or twisty hairpin road and think with a certain track it would be a real trip.

And what do you use? In ear phones or bone thingymajigs?

I don't think I've ever ridden to classical music but now I'm imagining myself in an old growth forest with Roussels 'Promenade Sentimentale en Forêt' in the background
I use in ear, earphones and a low volume

I ride w/reality. No tunes. Just the road, the sights, the noise. Reality.

So much is missed when we plug our ears. And I love music.
Reality sucks 😂

I do like the sounds of the woods, and will sometimes go unplugged, but admittedly, for taking in nature I prefer to walk. I usually cycle through the woods, then stop to walk through a particularly scenic part.

Also, I suppose I should add that often it's a podcast I'm listening to, which I find really relaxing.

Reality sucks 😂

I do like the sounds of the woods, and will sometimes go unplugged, but admittedly, for taking in nature I prefer to walk. I usually cycle through the woods, then stop to walk through a particularly scenic part.

Also, I suppose I should add that often it's a podcast I'm listening to, which I find really relaxing.

I find that you surprise a lot more wildlife when on a bike compared to walking, for some reason they hear you less, or maybe feel you less I'm not sure.

I find that you surprise a lot more wildlife when on a bike compared to walking, for some reason they hear you less, or maybe feel you less I'm not sure.
You do, I believe the animals probably hear bikes, mopeds, tractors, you name it, on a daily basis and associate that with something passing by, not coming for them. And being able to hear vehicles in the distance, they probably gauge quite quickly where its coming from and whether or not its a threat. When you're walking they often don't hear you until you're close enough to give them a proper shock.

That said the fecking deer run for their lives when I enter the woods here as I wheeze like hell trying to get up the slight slopes on the fire roads.

Yes sure. I had a beautyful moment two years ago when downhilling with quite a speed, that i'm just heading straight towards a nice friendly bear on the middle of the track.

Back