Rick Powell 531c

Niallmo

Devout Dirtbag
Hi!

Not posted for a while. A lot of bikes have come and gone!

Here is my latest. Any info would be helpful. I know there are a couple of Powell's in here...I know it was made under The DD Enterprises banner in Dinnington by Rick after 1989 (The Reynolds decals came out in '89) and it's frame number is in the 800's.

bf68F5P.jpg

pF5Wyqu.jpg

kQSwZVT.jpg

And as I got it...

ojNiJLE.jpg

It came with a Sachs RD, Shimano FD and triple chainset, Adjustable angle stem and the original aero levers were being used sideways on the roadster bars.

I got a couple of extra wheels with it. Swapped one of them for some 600/105 parts and the Cinelli Giro bars.

Re:

Rick is a near neighbour of mine, known him since my teenage years. My first true race bike was one of his, a 753 diamond, even won the odd TT or two on it back in the day. What would you like to know?

Would be great if I could get a rough date for it. Hard to say I've got the correct period components on it. I would think early 90's . Serial is DD823. I live right around the corner from Edward Street where it was made. I've great respect for the Carlton frame builders, they did some amazing work at Carlton and afterwards. I also have a 1980 Carlton Corsair GT and a '76 Carlton Continental too.

Back