RETRO - Allin Professional Lugless Columbus late 70's era.

fat_arnie

Retro Newbie
This is a lugless Allin 'Professional' time trial frame, made from Columbus tubing, believed to be one of a small number of Allin frames built after Peter Cobb retired. It has frame number 2515

1980 was the year Allin branched away from Peter Cobbs famous lugged Reynolds frames and to complete with the Italian frames moved to Columbus tubing (also the choice of Enzo Ferrari for his race cars before the age of carbon fibre)

The frame sports its original chrome, paint and graphics. Yes it has a few chips and scratches but it oozes the patina of high end clubmans sprint bikes from the late 1970s

This frame was purchased by me in 1990 and was used once a week for around 4 years. Since then it has been stored in a dry garage.

The additonal parts shown in the pictures are included in the sale, except for the chainset - a biopace Shimano eliptical type from the mid '90's

Parts included are the original alloy headset (brand unknown but looks good quality) and a Nadax bottom bracket.

There is also a Campag gear lever which is a rare and unusual design - its included in the sale but i would be interested in anyone who knows what it is.

The frame is 21.5" or 55cms in new money. This is from the BB centre to the top of the seat tube. (BB centre to top of crossbar is 20.5")

I have been informed this frame is both very rare and of value because it has the original chrome, paint and key parts. I am looking for the best offer - I have turned down £200 from a retro bike dealer I'm interested in offers around £400.

Email me if you want more pics or call 07710 526739 Arnie

IF YOU FANCY A CHEEKY BID, ITS ALSO ON EBAY at http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150802918301? ... 500wt_1156

Attachments

• 51.JPG
    51.JPG
    24.1 KB · Views: 635
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
More pics (got the hang of this now....)

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    153.3 KB · Views: 624
  • 21.JPG
    21.JPG
    15.1 KB · Views: 624
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    180.4 KB · Views: 624
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    154.7 KB · Views: 624
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    210 KB · Views: 624
Nice frame

Thats a lovely frame, bit too big for myself unfortunately.
As per the rules though you will have to put a price on it or the thread will get locked.
If theres no price and just the ebay add you maybe should move it to the ebay watch section.
Best of luck with the sale.
Jamie

Back