Mike Muz

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Bontrager Fan
Feedback
View
Happy Saturday everyone !
Hoping you can advise , looking for some replacement elastomers for my Quadra 5 Rock Shox . They're 155mm long and sort of bluey purple if that's any help . This has probably come up time and time again so forgive me if you've heard it all before :roll: :facepalm:
Thanks in advance for any help ;)
Mike

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
parkysparky":119ijlbx said:
I have some in some rock shox jett I will measure they are purple/blue

Thank you , been cleaning them up today and they came up really well so id like to keep using them .

I think the spring idea may have a bit of a pogo stick effect , but thanks for the suggestion anyway ;)

Do they have to be elastomer's?

I don't know much about Quadra forks but maybe these would fit

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kronos-Springs- ... 4d17936eff

Softer springs also available

Do Quadra forks have a separate shock absorber/damper mechanism? If not, surely springs alone would make the forks act like a pogo stick. :?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
There seemed to be only elastomers in there when I cleaned them

Yo mike, combining spring and elastomers will give better suspension but retain some damping... Bike forks don't need much damping anyways!

Elastomers SUCK! :)

OldFatTi":17jsjpkl said:
Yo mike, combining spring and elastomers will give better suspension but retain some damping... Bike forks don't need much damping anyways!

Elastomers SUCK! :)

Hi there ,
Do whaddya reckon ? Spring one side , elastomer the other ?

Could do, or combo of both in both legs - more spring than elastomer though! Elastomers suck at giving linear and generous travel per unit length/volume so your fork will work better with springs, no doubt.

Back