RARE BIKES STOLEN SOUTH MANCHESTER - UPDATED!

Re: RARE BIKES STOLEN SOUTH MANCHESTER - PLEASE READ!

Okay - some positive news to report. Police have recovered 3 of my bikes - San An, M2000, ProFlex + lots of spares. This theft, along with others from our area on the same night, led to the arrest and detention of a number of suspects.

Still missing - Intense Uzzi XC; Kinesis Decade SS and a Peugeot Reynolds 708.

Thanks to all for support/eyes/ears...

Great news mate, hope you may find the others.

Get the thief and push needles in his testicles and make him run!

That is really great, these type of stories almost never have a happy ending - Hope you can get the others back as well

Well thats brilliant, some of your babies might still be missing, but to get even one of them back is brilliant, as said this doesnt seem to happen overly often, so well done so far on the recoveries!

Re:

Good news. I hope the Police get a successful prosecution. I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for the rest of the missing bikes.

Cool - took me a year to get just one bike back, the other two were never seen again.

Around here, they found a chop shop where they managed to tie up 90% of recent bike thefts so chapeau!

Re:

Delighted they got caught and you got some returned but alas not all of your bikes back. Wonder what kind of sentence will be handed down to these scumbags. That's where the judicial system fails IMO...way way to lenient so they carry on making a career at it. Great result though.

Re:

I know you can't probably talk about things right now o/p but when the time is right could you feedback on this?

My biggest question and the answer may help others protect theirs, is how you were targeted. They clearly had you on the radar so anything that can help learn how and how to avoid it would be great

^ Rest assured that this case was not 'targeted' or in any sense due to the web/this forum etc. Keep in mind that other thefts/attempted thefts happened the same night in the close vicinity by the same group. It is possible I inadvertently triggered the thefts though, as I was clearing my shed most of the Sunday in question, leaving valuables inadvertently in clear sight of a public event in our local park. So the learning in this case is - keep valuables out of sight at all times and/or be aware who may be watching.

Back