Raleigh Team bike - is it genuine or ? Views...

bunnerscj

Old School Hero
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

I agree - they all look rather 'bold' and Im not sure (not being an expert) if the raleigh sticker on the stays should be there.
It also looks quite 'ivory' colour - were they white ?

The decals do look 'odd'

Unusual to see the Raleigh font on the top tube, it may have just been a frame set which someone bought and then built up

The colour is right, as they were ivory apart from the lowly Team Cadet which was just gloss white

Re:

Having google imaged others, even the colour decals on the stays dont look like the right type or place. Is there anything on the frame that tells it apart...except the frame number which I dont have.

The stay decals are 100% wrong

I've messaged the seller on eBay, and asked for the frame number

It will either be an SB, or most probably a W prefix

Looking at it again, the rear stays were 'normally' shot in on the 531c frames, these aren't....

It looks like a Raleigh, it may have had a 'facelift' during it's life

'84 Team - http://bulgier.net/pics/bike/catalogs/R ... l84_03.jpg

The spec looks like the '85 bike, with Weinmann Carrera brakes, EDCO headset, Simplex from derailleur, but the lack of shot in rear stay's is odd

'85 spec -

and for what it's worth, this is a Raleigh Weinmann Team bike, not the Panasonic!

Re:

Think Ive read enough lol
Its all starting to put me off to be honest lol.
Please update if the frame number helps ID it.

Will do

Something isn't quite right

The components point towards a 1985 bike, but the frame 'appears' to be wrong!

Frame number obtained from the seller

It's a W prefix (as expected) built in May 1986

Seemingly, the shot-in rear stay's must have disappeared in 1986, as the existed prior to that!

Currently at £70....

Back