R O Harrison identification

57EVE

Dirt Disciple
Hi folks small update I've recently got hold of a R O HARRSION frame and forks with the serial number of 323777 just wondering if anyone can help me date it. I'm guessing it's MARCH but not sure would anyone be able to help me

Many thanks
Steve

Hi folks thanks for the replies. And as for pictures I will get them up tonight once I've collected the frame

3BA7747E-A082-44C6-8845-A7659FC08164_zpsti0rsk2x.jpg

193B33A1-9B33-499B-80A1-4FAFBCADADE8_zpsyukmn8ux.jpg

1CAD24C0-0790-47C0-AE0B-E18175136659_zpsj1nhrncj.jpg

Re:

Hi, nice frame, certainly looks like a 52 Harrison, classic Harrison fork crown, serial number in right position, and correctly dated, the problem now is which model is it, which is a nightmare, Harrison appears to change models, lug patterns, yearly, monthly, unless someone has the same model exactly and knows it via an original receipt, or the excellent memory of the owner. I have lovely 1950 to restore at some time which I think is a super circuit, but !!! Good luck with it, I'm sure it will make up to a lovely machine. Terry

Re:

Hi folks I've managed to get up the yard and get the frame to look more like a bike. I've got all the original parts that came off the bike so it's got the chapter-lea crank going on along with the original Brooke's saddle
Anyways pictures. Next up I'll get some new wheels as I think the original rims are too far gone

Let me know what you think

It will be a riding bike by the end of the month

It is great to see another RO Harrison, especially with some of the original parts. The lining is great.

Yes, the RO Harrison models are very difficult to distinguish, and I had difficulty identifying mine. I thought at one time mine was a Super Circuit, but looking online to find as much info that I could find, both old catalogues, and descriptions and photos of renovated machines, led me to think mine is a Meteor. What clinched it for me was the frame angles (my ROH has 73˚ head 72˚ seat angles.

According to ROH Catalogues and adverts, in 1949-55 the Super Circuit had 74˚ head and 72˚ seat angle, The Club had 72˚ head and 70˚ seat, and the Meteor 73˚ head 72˚ seat, and The Continental had 72˚ parallel.

I look forward to seeing how your project progresses.

Back