Product Ideas

stewlewis

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I have a product idea, an engineering/CNC metal type product idea.
I wouldn't know where to start in producing it.

Do I just out it on here to gauge interest and hope it doesn't get ripped of and someone else makes millions?

No

Talk to someone privately, get them wrapped up in an NDA (non disclosure agreement) a good lawer should be able to draft one for a reasonable fee.

you could ask non related q's. stuff like "can you bend 6mm aluminium into an s shape?" rather than "could you make an s shape hanger for holding banana's off the bottom of the light fitting out of 6 mm aluminium"

stewlewis":1ve5m3g0 said:
I have a product idea, an engineering/CNC metal type product idea.
I wouldn't know where to start in producing it.

Do I just out it on here to gauge interest and hope it doesn't get ripped of and someone else makes millions?

I work as a CNC machinist and are biggest problem are silly tolerances. Just make sure you tolerance it too work though ;)
You can send me a pm if you like to give a machining time, but there would'nt be a chance in us machining it unless your willing too wait 18mths :shock:
Like the others say if it's a real original idea you may want to protect it first. Either that or do as the MOD does and get component parts made at different factory's and just give the drawing a number and no name. Then just assemble it in house. But to be honest I don't think any reputable engineering company would want to copy it, we deal with Shhhhh stuff all the time. Any more and i'll have to kill you :LOL: Take it to a company don't tell them what it is/for a let them gauge an interest while getting a store to sell it.

jamabikes":1wyuis98 said:
you could ask non related q's. stuff like "can you bend 6mm aluminium into an s shape?" rather than "could you make an s shape hanger for holding banana's off the bottom of the light fitting out of 6 mm aluminium"
The answer is as always going to be yes though it just depends on the price factor and whether it's going to be practical to make for the money.
"Yes we can do that £70 per part please"
I've heard of M12 bolts sold for £600 :shock:

Back