Petition to Onza to remake Porcs!

Not to want to piss on my own parade (it was actually Eric Rumpf aka Rumpfy aka @thevintagemountainbike) that inspired this but I've just learnt that following the split of the old Onza company into 'Onza' trials and more recently MTB (Onza.com), owned by Moore Large & Co Limited, and 'Onza Tires' (onzatires.com), owned by Apex Sports GmbH, the original Porcs moulds were apparently destroyed, Onza cannot sell tyres at all, and Onza Tires have no intention of ever reproducing Porcs. It's been discussed time and again allegedly.

So I think that pre-orders in the number of 5,000 pairs or more would be required to get this off the ground and even then, the name and style of the label on the sidewall would be not be pretty or authentic. But on the upside, tyre compound technology has improved in the past two decades (I know, I'm a polymer technologist albeit non-practising) so a new set made now could last another 25 years! :p

Keep signing. Business is business at the end of the day. Now is the time I reckon that companies could make a profitable addition to their bottom line figures by tapping into the RetroMTB vein. But that's just my opinion. :|

Re:

I've signed anyways!

There's a massive market for this out there, especially with more brands leaning towards a retro aesthetic for some new models of bike. Seems a no brainer to me (providing that they're not hideously expensive!)

Fingers crossed...

WandsworthRouleur":1gnnnxn9 said:
Sod the tyres. Where's the petition to reissue clear Porcipaws?
Haha!
I was talking to a couple of the Onza guys at Mayhem where they were selling Porcipaws, but with a locking clamp (modern stuff needs this feature apparently) - but interestingly they were using the original moulds they said!
Sadly, not a clear grip in sight. But there was a guy selling some NOS Porcipaws in here a few months back so they do pop up now and then. :)

WandsworthRouleur":1mhvwdq3 said:

I have one remaining set that are in the box and have almost turned milky white over the years.

WandsworthRouleur":2kb73k75 said:
Sod clear, purple is the way! Although I did buy a set of NOS purple off here fom racerx a few years ago. :)

Back