Panaracer Pasela

Rodrigues

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Thinking about these for a project which will be a town / pub / fire road / bridleway rider.

Any thoughts / experiences? Especially for use off tarmac. Amber walls look quite tidy imao :)

Nice tyres but not that good for anything but the nicest off road excursions. Fine for towpaths etc.

Lots of options depending on how rough you plan to get.

Michelin Rock countrys are cheap and pretty versatile. Kenda small block 8s are similar. Schwalbe marathons or fat franks do a decent job too.

Thanks both. I was mostly drawn to these because of the amber walls. Always like Schwalbe for my other bikes.

Actually I have some 1.8" Splashbacks. I was looking at them in the garage today - frankly they have no tread to speak of so I might just go with those....

I've found Splashbacks squirm around alot on tarmac. The round tread blocks although shallow, are widely spaced so they aren't that great.

Paselas used to be the tyre of choice for touring, until Schwalbe Marathons took away their title. They are good tyres though and the amberwall looks great on an older bike.

For fast rolling tyres which work well on tarmac you could also consider Schwalbe City Jets or Halo Twin Rails. Both available in skin/amber wall.

xerxes":3cqd885z said:
you might check out Compass tires if you like skinwalls.

A bit pricey and I can't see them being any cheaper by the time they've made it to this side of the pond. :?

yeah they are expensive but worth it imo. i dont know about shipping to the uk though :\

Those Compass tyres look really lovely. If it was free shipping and I could guarantee not getting stung for tax then I'd buy them now :)

@Paul - thanks for the tip on Splashbacks

they list these two shops as retailers of their products, perhaps one of these shops could order them to avoid shipping/taxes?

London W1F 0AD
Tokyo Fixed (books, BQ)
4, Peter Street
0207-734-1885

Brentwood, Essex CM14 4DW
Kings Road Cycles
36, Kings Road
0208-144-3627

Back