Orange Sub 5

TheOberon

Retro Newbie
For sale is my Orange Sub 5 which I bought new in 2002 from North West Mountain Bike Centre.

Its colour stealth grey and a size ML / 18" frame which is for riders in the 5'10 - 6'1 range. I'm 5'10 and it was just fine for me although I did use a shorter stem with it.

The bike got used for the first 4 years of its life for trail riding, no jumps / hardcore stuff. From then onwards only occasionally (probably only 2 / 3 rides per year) due to other bikes, interests, bringing up family etc.

Condition wise I think you'd struggle to find a better example of a Sub 5 for its age. There are some marks on the frame due to cable rub, a few knocks here and there, some rub on the seatpost etc. The pictures give an honest and accurate feel for the condition of the bike.

Specification as follows:

- Fork - Fox Forx Float 100R
- Shock - Rock Shox SID

- Front / Rear Brakes - Hope Mono Mini

- Seat - SDG Bel Air RL *
- Seat Post - Orange
- Seat Post Clamp - Hope Quick Release * (also included is the original Orange clamp)

- Bars - Orange
- Stem - Orange
- Headset - Ritchey Scuzzy Logic
- Grips - Race Face Lock On *

- Front Mech - Shimano Deore XT *
- Rear Mech - Shimano Deore XT *
- Crank Arms - Race Face Turbine *
- Chainset - Race Face Turbine *
- Bottom Bracket - Race Face X-Type *

- Front / Rear Wheel - WildernessTrial Bikes Speed Disc
- Tyres - Red Phoenix *
- Front / Rear Hub - Hope

- Pedals - None Suppled

All items above are the original components apart from those marked '*' which are items replaced due to wear etc.

Three years ago the front fork was serviced. At the same time the brakes were bled, crank arms, chainset and bottom bracket were all replaced with Race Face Turbine kit, new tyres and grips were put on. The bike has done < 100 miles since this time. The rear shock is due a service.

Comes complete with all original Orange paperwork, part manuals etc.

I've recently moved to Abergele in North Wales but still work back at Manchester Airport so collection from either of these locations or any where on route between the two.

Looking for £550.

b01.jpg

b02.jpg

b03.jpg

b04.jpg

b05.jpg

b06.jpg

b07.jpg

b08.jpg

b09.jpg

b10.jpg

b11.jpg