orange p7 head tube and steerer length 17'' frame. help?

tommyw

Dirt Disciple
hi guys, a question for those in the know. I am buying an orange p7 frame, about 96, and am trying to source some Pro2 forks, hard given I need a 1'' steerer. I have found some...but the steerer is 137mm from an old lava dome, apparantly a 17'' which is clearly not right, because the never made a 17'', so ?16 ?18''. The P7 is a officially a 17''...so size small, and the head tube is small but I just dont know if 137mm is long enough for the P7 retro build.

Can anyone help me with the answer? Thanks for your time all. Best wishes, Tommy

If its a threaded steerer, can you measure the head tube on the p7 and add the height of the headset to find out ? Ifs not a threaded steerer you would need to allow extra height for the stem to clamp round the steerer. I guess from the dimension that you are talking about a threaded steerer. If it helps I can measure the steerer from my 17" clockwork later (1" and threaded).

thanks

thanks for your message... alas, i havent got the frame yet or the headset and am keen to buy these forks before the shop closes today. If you could measure, I'd be forever in your debt, perhaps I could buy you a telepathic pint.? best wishes

I have a 96 / 97 17" Orange P7 with original F7 1" threaded forks. The headtube is 83mm and the fork steerer length of 131mm with 35mm threaded.

Hope that helps.

sorry, got distracted by poorly baby son. You probably don't need this now, but for info my 17" clockwork has a 128mm steerer with aboput 35mm of it threaded. So more less identical to size for the p7 above.

I have the same bike as this but brand new, my uncle had it in his garage and never used it and now he has given it to me. I want to upgrade it to front suspension and disc brake?

Is this worth doing or do I just buy a new bike?

I've been looking at forks but don't have a clue on the head size hole for the forks to fit in.

Any advise would be appreciated as I'm clueless on bikes.

Also advise on what disc brakes and gear shifters would be great!

Thanks guys hope you can help!!?

Rich

Richard@bbmltd.com
Text 07876778891

Latest posts

Back