Orange C16 1997 FS - SOLD

Goldigger

Dirt Disciple
Ok now that the Mrs is due to drop in a few months, we agreed that my old Orange would probably not get used...I have another bike for myself :)

So its time to sell it.. but as so many people on here are looking for parts, Its a hard choice to decide wether its worth selling as a whole bike or taking the bike apart and selling the parts off for those people in need..

So I will put it up for £250 for the complete bike, but if there are particular parts your after then let me know..

Here's some photo's and key components..
Pretty sure its a 15inch frame.
Theres a small dink in the down tube where i got car doored, but nothing to major that a sticker won;t hide.
P1010758.JPG

P1010784.JPG

P1010789.JPG

Pace RC36 Evo with the extra 20mm travel kit, added by and serviced by Fork English
P1010760.JPG

Deore XT leavers and shifters
P1010759.JPG

Deore LX Parralax hubs on Mavic 217 SUP rims
P1010762.JPG

P1010779.JPG

Deore LX chainset
P1010767.JPG

Deore LX front Mech
P1010768.JPG

Deore XT Rear mech
P1010782.JPG

Deore XT V Brakes
P1010770.JPG

Orange Seatpost and SK9 stem
P1010772.JPG

P1010774.JPG

Cane creek S2 1" aheadset
P1010775.JPG

DMR pedals
P1010783.JPG

Thanks

Interested in Pace forks (if 1" steerer) and wheels if you are thinking of splitting.

Nice cat!

Antstark":3jdvzl6t said:
Interested in Pace forks (if 1" steerer) and wheels if you are thinking of splitting.

Nice cat!

I'll keep you in mind if i split :) There 1" steerer.
I wondered why you said cat, so checked my pics and should have posted this one
P1010782.JPG

Just to say that the moderators can relax - it is a 1997 bike, not 98, so it is in the correct forum.

Also it is size 17, not 15.

Anthony":fsb3ir4z said:
Just to say that the moderators can relax - it is a 1997 bike, not 98, so it is in the correct forum.

You might be right on the 1997 bit i cant remeber that far back...but i think i got it when 98 shimano were available towards the end of 97.
But its not a C16RS like the stickers may suggest, I bought them and stuck them on as i screwed up the original C16 stickers on the top tube.

If i remember correctly the C16RS came out after the C16.
I had the pace forks fitted a year later after buying the bike, I sold the original forks on ebay a few months back.

I just measured the from from the centre of the top tube to centre of the bottom bracket is 15inches.

your cat looks just like a rabbit in that picture :D I'll dibs that as well if you're splitting.

Interested in the stem, would look awesome on my C-16R replacing the KORE currently fitted. Let me know if u split :)

Goldigger":1fq7szyv said:
Anthony":1fq7szyv said:
You might be right on the 1997 bit i cant remeber that far back...but i think i got it when 98 shimano were available towards the end of 97.
But its not a C16RS like the stickers may suggest, I bought them and stuck them on as i screwed up the original C16 stickers on the top tube.
If i remember correctly the C16RS came out after the C16.
I had the pace forks fitted a year later after buying the bike, I sold the original forks on ebay a few months back.
I just measured the from from the centre of the top tube to centre of the bottom bracket is 15inches.
The RS was a variant with Shimano kit, they were still doing it in 1997 though, alongside the standard C16R.
They measure size from centre of bb to top of seat tube, so from what you've said you should find that is 17". Best to be clear about that, as 15 is pretty much a child's/small adult's size and many people would be put off by that. Size 17 is for up to c5-9.

Back