old Zaskar !!

kipper

Retro Newbie
Evening all,

I have been nosing the net to find out some info on my Zaskar and if its worth adding a few upgrades to the old beast and a coat of paint...? :LOL:

then foud you lot.... :D

1995/96 YELLOW :eek: zaskar, yep I was one of the sad gits that bought a yellow one, personally picked the yellow one as everyone had polished frame and the powder blue was to be a 6 week wait !! it was one of the 1st bikes localy fitted with "V" brake technology and an 8 cassette :)o wow !) and because i wanted to be able to chuck it about, (and only 5'7" ) it was a 14" frame fitted with RST Mozza pro's (4" travel) ooh ! I still have the purchase reciept and cant belive i spent £1,652.86 on it specking it up !!

Im thinking of a proffessional re-spray to white, new set of mavic xc717 in black,discs,and a good gear set, dont get me wrong it still works fine now, this would bring it up to date a bit, but its yellow :(

Right, the magic question....... IS IT WORTH IT !

I am well aware the frame is one of the classic alltime hardtails,as it was in its day, this is why i splashed out on it !! or should i tuck it up for a few more years and buy something modern...? :cry:

comments................ :cry: :cry: :cry: :D

cheers
Kipper.

Blimey ..... £35!?!? Chicken lips .... Im from the cotswolds .... I can do Sheep lips?? :LOL:

You are the only one who can answer the question your asking .... Does it mean enough to you to spend the money on it? ;)

would never do that personally :oops: i would keep it yellow to keep it original :D
it would be a shame to repaint it in any other color :roll:

Its a good bike but, need help to decide if the money would be better spent on a new bike, as you can get quite a good "cheap"spec on something newer but the quality isnt there..?

was quite into my bikes, but nowdays wife,kids ect... take priority and its only used for the odd 25- 30 mile ramble with the lads getting shitty on a couple of sundays a month.

looking for some solid advice realy ! I have never upgraded anything on it, but you kinda get the idea when you ride it, slipping gears the odd clunk here & there and the creaks that parts are going to need replacement soon ! :p

tricky desision ahead me feels...? :cry:

Back