NOS 20" Klein Attitude in Puget Morning. Price dropped $1000

NOS_Man

Old School Hero
Testing the waters for my '94 MC2 Attitude. This has never had one part mounted to it. It has been stored since new. I have many pics for those who are seriously interested. A baby on the way forces me to sell one of my good projects. I have some NOS components to go with it, depending on the final price. I am a collector that has recently sold most of my Kleins. I planned on building this but other projects would pop up. I have seen some of the crazy prices lately so I will start at 7500 USD. I am in California but I will ship worldwide. I know the price is high but this is for a serious collector. Dropped to 6500 obo.

Re: Klein Adroits Desert 21" with Stratas

Hi!

I have known somebody with 2 KLEIN ADROITS 1994 in DESERT PAINT in 21" both with rigid forks (Stratas).

One of the bikes is/was a NOS one with Paul derailleurs, ti hubs, ti spokes etc...the very best

and the other Adroit bike might have been the bike from the Klein 1994 catalogue!

It had Zip grip, the prototype MC2 system, not commercially available, and the water bottle bolts were
like on the bike in the Klein 1994 catalalogue aswell...

Happy trails!

Re: NOS 20" Klein Attitude in Puget Morning

Congratulations!

I would be surprised if it was the Adroit from the 94 catalog bike. I know where that bike is and I'm pretty sure there was only one made.

Hmm....what do you mean that there was only one made??
You mean that there was only one 21" Klein Adroit in desert with Zip Grip and with the prototype MC2 system made?
It could well be that the Adroit I mean was the actual MC2 Adroit Prototype, because the "2" after the MC is smaller than the regular "2" with the normal MC2's....the MC2 on the desert Adroit I have seen is written like you would in a math/physics equation: example: E = mc2 ...
hope my writings are not too confusing...I might still have some pics of those bikes somewhere..

I am not 100% sure, but I am pretty sure that Klein made:

1. At least two of the prototype Zip Grip Attitudes in Sea & Sky (I know where both are)
2. At least one of the prototype Zip Grip Attitudes in Painted Desert (I know where one is, and it has an extra MC2 with the two smaller than the M and the C)

To 1.) I know that that one is with "C.B." a big Klein and Merlin collector.

to 2.) Well I mean a Prototype ADROIT in desert 21" with Zip Grip not an Attitude....
about the MC2 ah..interesting...so the "2" was also smaller on some desert Attitudes?

Right sorry,

I mean one prototype Zip Grip Adroit (not Attitude) in Painted Desert with the smaller 2 :)

Ah...ok, no problem!:)

Well then if we apply logic here that means that you now know of
a) still 1 such Adroits as discussed (= if we mean the same one...) or
b) with the Adroit I mentioned that there are at least 2 such Prototypes!

On which continent is the specific bike (Adroit 21 desert, w.Strata and Proto MC2)located that you mentioned?

Latest posts

Back