Newbie here and my Overbury's (Connoisseur?) renovation.

Stripped down the bike now. The paintwork is showing signs of age with fine rust lines appearing underneath the paint. Also there is some rust bubbling around the cable eyes on the top tube.
Someone has mashed the edges of the bottom bracket shell in the past ... looks like a pair of molegrips were used to remove a stubborn BB :oops:
It's now with Argos Racing Cycles in Bristol for a respray and will be looking quite different when I get it back!

Picked up a very nice condition Stronglight 99 bis triple for a very reasonable price, 28,38,48 rings. It had French pedal threads which I've had converted to English for £10 by George Hall Cycles in Market Harborough in the time it took me to go for coffee and a cake! 1000015512.jpg

The frame is back from Argos Racing Cycles in Bristol. Quite a quick turn round time of 4 weeks.
I have to say I'm extremely happy with the results, it's my first respray & was really nervous about the colours I'd chosen (Verde Aqua and Oyster White for the headtube and downtube panel)
I think it looks good ..... and my partner agrees. She didn't even blink at the cost so it must be OK! 😂
I am really looking forward to building this up and getting out on it. DSC_4969_DxO-1.jpg DSC_4981_DxO_DxO.jpg DSC_4984_DxO.jpg DSC_4986_DxO_DxO.jpg

Latest posts

Back